Rapper Jay-Z Sells Clothing Company "Rocawear" to Iconix Brand Group
Rapper mogul Jay-Z has entered into a deal to sell his clothing company "Rocawear" to Iconix Brand Group, a company that licenses and markets such popular brands as Candies, Joe Boxer, Mudd, London Fog, and Ocean Pacific among others, for $204 million in cash.
The deal, announced Tuesday March 6th, will also make it possible for Jay-Z to net $35 million in Iconix stock, if the Rocawear brand meets certain performance requirements over the next three-five years. And so the rich gets richer.
As part of the deal, Jay-Z will continue to be in charge of all product development, marketing and licensing for Rocawear, which boasts annual retail sales of over $700 million.
That's not all for Jay-Z and Iconix have also reached a deal to form a new brand management/licensing company that will debut a new luxury brand titled "The Shawn Carter Collection," which is due in stores in 2008. The deal is expected to close this month.
More Jay-Z News
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'