Rapper Jay-Z Sells Clothing Company "Rocawear" to Iconix Brand Group
Rapper mogul Jay-Z has entered into a deal to sell his clothing company "Rocawear" to Iconix Brand Group, a company that licenses and markets such popular brands as Candies, Joe Boxer, Mudd, London Fog, and Ocean Pacific among others, for $204 million in cash.
The deal, announced Tuesday March 6th, will also make it possible for Jay-Z to net $35 million in Iconix stock, if the Rocawear brand meets certain performance requirements over the next three-five years. And so the rich gets richer.
As part of the deal, Jay-Z will continue to be in charge of all product development, marketing and licensing for Rocawear, which boasts annual retail sales of over $700 million.
That's not all for Jay-Z and Iconix have also reached a deal to form a new brand management/licensing company that will debut a new luxury brand titled "The Shawn Carter Collection," which is due in stores in 2008. The deal is expected to close this month.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7