Rapper Jay-Z Sells Clothing Company "Rocawear" to Iconix Brand Group
Rapper mogul Jay-Z has entered into a deal to sell his clothing company "Rocawear" to Iconix Brand Group, a company that licenses and markets such popular brands as Candies, Joe Boxer, Mudd, London Fog, and Ocean Pacific among others, for $204 million in cash.
The deal, announced Tuesday March 6th, will also make it possible for Jay-Z to net $35 million in Iconix stock, if the Rocawear brand meets certain performance requirements over the next three-five years. And so the rich gets richer.
As part of the deal, Jay-Z will continue to be in charge of all product development, marketing and licensing for Rocawear, which boasts annual retail sales of over $700 million.
That's not all for Jay-Z and Iconix have also reached a deal to form a new brand management/licensing company that will debut a new luxury brand titled "The Shawn Carter Collection," which is due in stores in 2008. The deal is expected to close this month.
More Jay-Z News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?