Gabriele Muccino Blesses "Man and Wife"
Finally able to secure his next directorial effort, Italian filmmaker Gabriele Muccino has landed deals with Universal Pictures to direct its romantic drama feature "Man and Wife (2009)", which is slated to begin shooting this summer.
No details yet about the plot, but the picture is said to be set in Brooklyn and present a story about an immigrant's love for the U.S.. Penning the screenplay is Lorene Scafaria with Double Feature's Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher producing alongside Domenico Procacci.
Muccino, who has switched to direct Hollywood movies after his "L'Ultimo bacio" won the Audience Award for World Cinema at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival, last directed rags-to-riches tale "The Pursuit of Happyness" starring Will Smith and Thandie Newton. The inspiring drama recently was deemed the Outstanding Motion Picture at this year's NAACP Image Awards.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer