Gabriele Muccino Blesses "Man and Wife"
Finally able to secure his next directorial effort, Italian filmmaker Gabriele Muccino has landed deals with Universal Pictures to direct its romantic drama feature "Man and Wife (2009)", which is slated to begin shooting this summer.
No details yet about the plot, but the picture is said to be set in Brooklyn and present a story about an immigrant's love for the U.S.. Penning the screenplay is Lorene Scafaria with Double Feature's Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher producing alongside Domenico Procacci.
Muccino, who has switched to direct Hollywood movies after his "L'Ultimo bacio" won the Audience Award for World Cinema at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival, last directed rags-to-riches tale "The Pursuit of Happyness" starring Will Smith and Thandie Newton. The inspiring drama recently was deemed the Outstanding Motion Picture at this year's NAACP Image Awards.
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo