Gabriele Muccino Blesses "Man and Wife"
Finally able to secure his next directorial effort, Italian filmmaker Gabriele Muccino has landed deals with Universal Pictures to direct its romantic drama feature "Man and Wife (2009)", which is slated to begin shooting this summer.
No details yet about the plot, but the picture is said to be set in Brooklyn and present a story about an immigrant's love for the U.S.. Penning the screenplay is Lorene Scafaria with Double Feature's Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher producing alongside Domenico Procacci.
Muccino, who has switched to direct Hollywood movies after his "L'Ultimo bacio" won the Audience Award for World Cinema at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival, last directed rags-to-riches tale "The Pursuit of Happyness" starring Will Smith and Thandie Newton. The inspiring drama recently was deemed the Outstanding Motion Picture at this year's NAACP Image Awards.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress