Gabriele Muccino Blesses "Man and Wife"
Finally able to secure his next directorial effort, Italian filmmaker Gabriele Muccino has landed deals with Universal Pictures to direct its romantic drama feature "Man and Wife (2009)", which is slated to begin shooting this summer.
No details yet about the plot, but the picture is said to be set in Brooklyn and present a story about an immigrant's love for the U.S.. Penning the screenplay is Lorene Scafaria with Double Feature's Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher producing alongside Domenico Procacci.
Muccino, who has switched to direct Hollywood movies after his "L'Ultimo bacio" won the Audience Award for World Cinema at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival, last directed rags-to-riches tale "The Pursuit of Happyness" starring Will Smith and Thandie Newton. The inspiring drama recently was deemed the Outstanding Motion Picture at this year's NAACP Image Awards.
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles