"Golden Army" Marching in May
Giving an update on his next starring vehicle of "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army", Ron Perlman has eagerly told the LA Daily News that director Guillermo del Toro has headed to Budapest to "zero in on the beginning of principal photography" and that production will begin around the end of May.
The actor also opened up an interesting tidbit that the flick will contain "an epic quality" even as it "continues to explore all the things that are great about this character - a superhero who is such an underachiever and such an adolescent." In addition, the "Blade II" star revealed that he now is busy doing exercises in order to fit himself into the suit he is about to don again for playing the titular character.
"I'm already in the gym six days a week," so he said while describing that the training include "push-ups, the sit-ups, the stationary bike."
The sequel to 2004's "Hellboy", "Army" finds our hero along with his team once again join forces to fight against otherworldly evil creatures who conduct a rebellion to rule the Earth. Apart from Perlman, other principal cast members like Selma Blair, Rupert Evans, and Doug Jones are also returning with Lawrence Gordon, Mike Richardson, and Lloyd Levin all producing for Universal Pictures.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo