David Beckham Will Be Sidelined for A Month After Hurting A Knee Ligament
Yesterday he underwent tests to determine the extent of the injury he suffered during a Spanish league match. And by now the result has been made public. David Beckham has to, unfortunately, out of action for about four weeks because of sprained knee ligament.
The 31-year-old midfielder hurt his right knee during Real Madrid's 1-1 tie with Getafe on Sunday March 4th after chasing the ball down the sideline during the match. After failing to reach it, he went out of bounds and hit some advertising signs.
"The Briton is suffering from a second-degree sprain of the internal lateral ligament of his right knee," Madrid said on its Web site. "He is expected to be out for about four weeks." This won't affect his arrival in Los Angeles though.
"It won't affect the family's move to the United States," a source close to the soccer star tells People. Elsewhere, Galaxy general manager Alexi Lalas said, "Obviously, we hope it's not a serious injury so he can get back to helping Real Madrid challenge for the title. We do not expect this injury to affect his arrival in Los Angeles or his debut with the Galaxy."
Beckham agreed in January to a five-year contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy worth about $27.5 million in base salary. His contract with Real Madrid ends June 30, and the Galaxy expect he will join the team in August later this year.
More David Beckham News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding