George Michael, First to Enjoy the Reconstructed Wembley Stadium
The newly reconstructed Wembley Stadium has finally opened up its slot to configure live concerts and George Michael is made the first pop artist to perform on the fresh stage on June 9, 2007.
He may be the first artist presented in the much-delayed reconstructed building but actually he had been performing in the building's old form several times, both with Wham! or solo. "He's no stranger to this great stage having performed at the old stadium both with Wham! at Live Aid and also as a solo artist, so this is a fitting first gig in the new stadium," Wembley's managing director, Alex Horne said upon the upcoming gig.
The concert is conducted as part of George's "British and European Stadium" tour, the subsequent scheduled tour after his "25 Live" concerts. The tour agenda will begin in Aarhus Stadium, Denmark on May 18 and finish July 21 in Stadio Olimpico, Rome.
Beside Michael, the British band Muse will also perform in the stadium dated June 16 and June 17, 2007. With that, Muse will also be the first band announced to appear in the stadium after the reconstruction.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?