George Michael, First to Enjoy the Reconstructed Wembley Stadium
The newly reconstructed Wembley Stadium has finally opened up its slot to configure live concerts and George Michael is made the first pop artist to perform on the fresh stage on June 9, 2007.
He may be the first artist presented in the much-delayed reconstructed building but actually he had been performing in the building's old form several times, both with Wham! or solo. "He's no stranger to this great stage having performed at the old stadium both with Wham! at Live Aid and also as a solo artist, so this is a fitting first gig in the new stadium," Wembley's managing director, Alex Horne said upon the upcoming gig.
The concert is conducted as part of George's "British and European Stadium" tour, the subsequent scheduled tour after his "25 Live" concerts. The tour agenda will begin in Aarhus Stadium, Denmark on May 18 and finish July 21 in Stadio Olimpico, Rome.
Beside Michael, the British band Muse will also perform in the stadium dated June 16 and June 17, 2007. With that, Muse will also be the first band announced to appear in the stadium after the reconstruction.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala