George Michael, First to Enjoy the Reconstructed Wembley Stadium
The newly reconstructed Wembley Stadium has finally opened up its slot to configure live concerts and George Michael is made the first pop artist to perform on the fresh stage on June 9, 2007.
He may be the first artist presented in the much-delayed reconstructed building but actually he had been performing in the building's old form several times, both with Wham! or solo. "He's no stranger to this great stage having performed at the old stadium both with Wham! at Live Aid and also as a solo artist, so this is a fitting first gig in the new stadium," Wembley's managing director, Alex Horne said upon the upcoming gig.
The concert is conducted as part of George's "British and European Stadium" tour, the subsequent scheduled tour after his "25 Live" concerts. The tour agenda will begin in Aarhus Stadium, Denmark on May 18 and finish July 21 in Stadio Olimpico, Rome.
Beside Michael, the British band Muse will also perform in the stadium dated June 16 and June 17, 2007. With that, Muse will also be the first band announced to appear in the stadium after the reconstruction.
More George Michael News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie