George Michael, First to Enjoy the Reconstructed Wembley Stadium
The newly reconstructed Wembley Stadium has finally opened up its slot to configure live concerts and George Michael is made the first pop artist to perform on the fresh stage on June 9, 2007.
He may be the first artist presented in the much-delayed reconstructed building but actually he had been performing in the building's old form several times, both with Wham! or solo. "He's no stranger to this great stage having performed at the old stadium both with Wham! at Live Aid and also as a solo artist, so this is a fitting first gig in the new stadium," Wembley's managing director, Alex Horne said upon the upcoming gig.
The concert is conducted as part of George's "British and European Stadium" tour, the subsequent scheduled tour after his "25 Live" concerts. The tour agenda will begin in Aarhus Stadium, Denmark on May 18 and finish July 21 in Stadio Olimpico, Rome.
Beside Michael, the British band Muse will also perform in the stadium dated June 16 and June 17, 2007. With that, Muse will also be the first band announced to appear in the stadium after the reconstruction.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'