Lorenzo di Bonaventura Operates "G.I. Joe" Team
Enthusiastic to make another big screen feature based on toy line after "Transformers", noted producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura is on the track to make "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", a live-action version of the line of military-themed toys produced by Hasbro, the company who has been selling Transformers since 1984.
IESB.net has revealed that di Bonaventura has pointed out at the press junket for "Shooter" that he will "immediately" work on the project as soon as "Transformers" wraps with an eye for Mark Wahlberg to star in as Conrad "Duke" Hauser.
Furthermore, the site also informed that the flick is likely to be set before the rise of Cobra organization and concerns how the future Cobra Commander established his terrorist group. Cobra villains Destro and Stormshadow could possibly be featured in the movie with a probability for Hawk and Snake Eyes to also appear as the members of Joe team.
Meanwhile, Wahlberg himself appeared to have shown positive respond on di Bonaventura's intention to give him the role.
"You know what, I'll do whatever Lorenzo wants me to do; it really depends on the script, obviously, but it's a cool idea," he remarked as quoted by IESB. "He says it's going to be kick ass, so yeah. But he's already putting that out there, so who knows. He knows how to get me to say 'yes.'"
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl