Lorenzo di Bonaventura Operates "G.I. Joe" Team
Enthusiastic to make another big screen feature based on toy line after "Transformers", noted producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura is on the track to make "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", a live-action version of the line of military-themed toys produced by Hasbro, the company who has been selling Transformers since 1984.
IESB.net has revealed that di Bonaventura has pointed out at the press junket for "Shooter" that he will "immediately" work on the project as soon as "Transformers" wraps with an eye for Mark Wahlberg to star in as Conrad "Duke" Hauser.
Furthermore, the site also informed that the flick is likely to be set before the rise of Cobra organization and concerns how the future Cobra Commander established his terrorist group. Cobra villains Destro and Stormshadow could possibly be featured in the movie with a probability for Hawk and Snake Eyes to also appear as the members of Joe team.
Meanwhile, Wahlberg himself appeared to have shown positive respond on di Bonaventura's intention to give him the role.
"You know what, I'll do whatever Lorenzo wants me to do; it really depends on the script, obviously, but it's a cool idea," he remarked as quoted by IESB. "He says it's going to be kick ass, so yeah. But he's already putting that out there, so who knows. He knows how to get me to say 'yes.'"
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour