Jay-Z Is Named One of the Inductors in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Following the increasing list of people inducting for the Performers category in the 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Jay-Z, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, Rage Against the Machine's Zack de la Rocha and The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards are among some of the names jotted in.
The induction ceremony will go as Jay-Z inducts Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, Vedder inducts R.E.M., Rocha inducts Patti Smith and then Richards for The Ronettes. Still, the ceremony is added with Velvet Revolver's performance, which is included due to Van Halen's withdrawal from the guests list.
To add the intensity of the event, Aretha Franklin will present her voice in honor of the deceased Ahmet Ertegun, Chairman of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. The overall event will be aired live in VH1 Classic on March 12.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance