Winners List for Music Category in NAACP Image Awards is Out!
Hosted by LL Cool J and attended by A-list celebrities, the 38th Annual NAACP Image Awards has announced its winners for the music category.
First of all, Prince takes the nomination of Outstanding Male Artist with initial competitors of Chris Brown, Jay-Z, John Legend and Lionel Richie. The vocal wonder Mary J. Blige on the other hand, takes on the female position. With that she beats her fellow warriors Beyonce Knowles, Corinne Bailey Rae, American idol winner Fantasia Barrino and also India.Arie. Besides the award, Mary also brings home Best Music Video for "Be Without You".
Still on the list, young star Corinne Bailey Rae grabs the New Artist award, Gladys Knight snatches Best Jazz Artist, and The Roots takes hold of Duo or Group category while Kirk Franklin seizes Gospel Artist, traditional or contemporary.
After beaten out by Mary J. Blige in the 49th annual Grammy Awards, India.Arie finally comes out a winner for the category of Outstanding Song with her single "I am Not My Hair", whilst the one nailing the Outstanding Album category is "Dreamgirls (Soundtrack)" by various artists.
More Mary J. Blige News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says