Winners List for Music Category in NAACP Image Awards is Out!
Hosted by LL Cool J and attended by A-list celebrities, the 38th Annual NAACP Image Awards has announced its winners for the music category.
First of all, Prince takes the nomination of Outstanding Male Artist with initial competitors of Chris Brown, Jay-Z, John Legend and Lionel Richie. The vocal wonder Mary J. Blige on the other hand, takes on the female position. With that she beats her fellow warriors Beyonce Knowles, Corinne Bailey Rae, American idol winner Fantasia Barrino and also India.Arie. Besides the award, Mary also brings home Best Music Video for "Be Without You".
Still on the list, young star Corinne Bailey Rae grabs the New Artist award, Gladys Knight snatches Best Jazz Artist, and The Roots takes hold of Duo or Group category while Kirk Franklin seizes Gospel Artist, traditional or contemporary.
After beaten out by Mary J. Blige in the 49th annual Grammy Awards, India.Arie finally comes out a winner for the category of Outstanding Song with her single "I am Not My Hair", whilst the one nailing the Outstanding Album category is "Dreamgirls (Soundtrack)" by various artists.
More Mary J. Blige News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked