Winners List for Music Category in NAACP Image Awards is Out!
Hosted by LL Cool J and attended by A-list celebrities, the 38th Annual NAACP Image Awards has announced its winners for the music category.
First of all, Prince takes the nomination of Outstanding Male Artist with initial competitors of Chris Brown, Jay-Z, John Legend and Lionel Richie. The vocal wonder Mary J. Blige on the other hand, takes on the female position. With that she beats her fellow warriors Beyonce Knowles, Corinne Bailey Rae, American idol winner Fantasia Barrino and also India.Arie. Besides the award, Mary also brings home Best Music Video for "Be Without You".
Still on the list, young star Corinne Bailey Rae grabs the New Artist award, Gladys Knight snatches Best Jazz Artist, and The Roots takes hold of Duo or Group category while Kirk Franklin seizes Gospel Artist, traditional or contemporary.
After beaten out by Mary J. Blige in the 49th annual Grammy Awards, India.Arie finally comes out a winner for the category of Outstanding Song with her single "I am Not My Hair", whilst the one nailing the Outstanding Album category is "Dreamgirls (Soundtrack)" by various artists.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media