Daniel Radcliffe Will Still Be "Harry Potter"
Fear not "Potter" fans, the Harry Potter you know and love will remain unchanged onscreen, that's for sure.
Yes, Daniel Radcliffe, who has been portraying the young wizard since the series popped up on the big screen in 2001, has signed on to continue playing the part for the final two installments of the mega-hit franchise, his spokeswoman stated on Friday, March 2.
This confirmation thus squashed any media speculations that Radcliffe may not return to reprise the role due to his against-type performance in stage play "Equus" which was rumored to upset Warner Bros. Pictures, the studio that holds the rights to film all "Potter" series.
Radcliffe himself is said to begin shooting the sixth film, "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince", in September this year and to then head back for production on the final installment some time after the release of "Prince" which is scheduled to open in theaters on November 21, 2008.
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge