Daniel Radcliffe Will Still Be "Harry Potter"
Fear not "Potter" fans, the Harry Potter you know and love will remain unchanged onscreen, that's for sure.
Yes, Daniel Radcliffe, who has been portraying the young wizard since the series popped up on the big screen in 2001, has signed on to continue playing the part for the final two installments of the mega-hit franchise, his spokeswoman stated on Friday, March 2.
This confirmation thus squashed any media speculations that Radcliffe may not return to reprise the role due to his against-type performance in stage play "Equus" which was rumored to upset Warner Bros. Pictures, the studio that holds the rights to film all "Potter" series.
Radcliffe himself is said to begin shooting the sixth film, "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince", in September this year and to then head back for production on the final installment some time after the release of "Prince" which is scheduled to open in theaters on November 21, 2008.
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia