Daniel Radcliffe Will Still Be "Harry Potter"
Fear not "Potter" fans, the Harry Potter you know and love will remain unchanged onscreen, that's for sure.
Yes, Daniel Radcliffe, who has been portraying the young wizard since the series popped up on the big screen in 2001, has signed on to continue playing the part for the final two installments of the mega-hit franchise, his spokeswoman stated on Friday, March 2.
This confirmation thus squashed any media speculations that Radcliffe may not return to reprise the role due to his against-type performance in stage play "Equus" which was rumored to upset Warner Bros. Pictures, the studio that holds the rights to film all "Potter" series.
Radcliffe himself is said to begin shooting the sixth film, "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince", in September this year and to then head back for production on the final installment some time after the release of "Prince" which is scheduled to open in theaters on November 21, 2008.
More Daniel Radcliffe News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show