Warner Bros. Working Valerie Plame and Joseph Wilson Biopic
Taking a big issue to the big screen, Warner Bros. Pictures is setting up a film feature about the lives of Valerie Plame and Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, the married couple who got drawn into a D.C firestorm in 2003.
Plame became media headlines during the year following White House officials' publication revealing she was a covert operative of the U.S. CIA investigating the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. It was alleged by Wilson that the identity leak was conducted as "political retribution" for his July 6, 2003 article criticizing the George W. Bush administration.
While names to either star or direct are not known yet, it has been confirmed that Jez and John Butterworth have both been tapped to work on the film's screenplay. Meanwhile, the movie itself will be a co-production between Weed Road's Akiva Goldsman and Zucker Productions' Jerry and Janet Zucker.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger