Warner Bros. Working Valerie Plame and Joseph Wilson Biopic
Taking a big issue to the big screen, Warner Bros. Pictures is setting up a film feature about the lives of Valerie Plame and Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, the married couple who got drawn into a D.C firestorm in 2003.
Plame became media headlines during the year following White House officials' publication revealing she was a covert operative of the U.S. CIA investigating the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. It was alleged by Wilson that the identity leak was conducted as "political retribution" for his July 6, 2003 article criticizing the George W. Bush administration.
While names to either star or direct are not known yet, it has been confirmed that Jez and John Butterworth have both been tapped to work on the film's screenplay. Meanwhile, the movie itself will be a co-production between Weed Road's Akiva Goldsman and Zucker Productions' Jerry and Janet Zucker.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'