Warner Bros. Working Valerie Plame and Joseph Wilson Biopic
Taking a big issue to the big screen, Warner Bros. Pictures is setting up a film feature about the lives of Valerie Plame and Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, the married couple who got drawn into a D.C firestorm in 2003.
Plame became media headlines during the year following White House officials' publication revealing she was a covert operative of the U.S. CIA investigating the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. It was alleged by Wilson that the identity leak was conducted as "political retribution" for his July 6, 2003 article criticizing the George W. Bush administration.
While names to either star or direct are not known yet, it has been confirmed that Jez and John Butterworth have both been tapped to work on the film's screenplay. Meanwhile, the movie itself will be a co-production between Weed Road's Akiva Goldsman and Zucker Productions' Jerry and Janet Zucker.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie