Warner Bros. Working Valerie Plame and Joseph Wilson Biopic
Taking a big issue to the big screen, Warner Bros. Pictures is setting up a film feature about the lives of Valerie Plame and Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, the married couple who got drawn into a D.C firestorm in 2003.
Plame became media headlines during the year following White House officials' publication revealing she was a covert operative of the U.S. CIA investigating the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. It was alleged by Wilson that the identity leak was conducted as "political retribution" for his July 6, 2003 article criticizing the George W. Bush administration.
While names to either star or direct are not known yet, it has been confirmed that Jez and John Butterworth have both been tapped to work on the film's screenplay. Meanwhile, the movie itself will be a co-production between Weed Road's Akiva Goldsman and Zucker Productions' Jerry and Janet Zucker.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio