Warner Bros. Working Valerie Plame and Joseph Wilson Biopic
Taking a big issue to the big screen, Warner Bros. Pictures is setting up a film feature about the lives of Valerie Plame and Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV, the married couple who got drawn into a D.C firestorm in 2003.
Plame became media headlines during the year following White House officials' publication revealing she was a covert operative of the U.S. CIA investigating the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. It was alleged by Wilson that the identity leak was conducted as "political retribution" for his July 6, 2003 article criticizing the George W. Bush administration.
While names to either star or direct are not known yet, it has been confirmed that Jez and John Butterworth have both been tapped to work on the film's screenplay. Meanwhile, the movie itself will be a co-production between Weed Road's Akiva Goldsman and Zucker Productions' Jerry and Janet Zucker.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch