"Thunder" Rumbles Around Robert Downey Jr.
Keeping a balance between his comedic and dramatic roles, Robert Downey Jr. is coming onboard alongside Jay Baruchel to star in "Tropic Thunder", a comedic feature which marks Ben Stiller's return to feature directing field after his 2001 work of "Zoolander."
Slated to enter production July this year under DreamWorks SKG banner, the project revolves around five actors who find out that everything goes wrong during the making of a big-budget war movie and end up being the commandos they are portraying. Downey Jr. will play a four-time Oscar winner named Kirk Lazarus while Baruchel is billed as Kevin Sandusky, an unknown actor on the set.
Stiller is also penning the script and taking a role together with Justin Theroux as well as seat as the flick's producer. Helping him in doing the former task is Etan Cohen, who recently wrote "Idiocracy" screenplay for the 20th Century Fox.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences