"Thunder" Rumbles Around Robert Downey Jr.
Keeping a balance between his comedic and dramatic roles, Robert Downey Jr. is coming onboard alongside Jay Baruchel to star in "Tropic Thunder", a comedic feature which marks Ben Stiller's return to feature directing field after his 2001 work of "Zoolander."
Slated to enter production July this year under DreamWorks SKG banner, the project revolves around five actors who find out that everything goes wrong during the making of a big-budget war movie and end up being the commandos they are portraying. Downey Jr. will play a four-time Oscar winner named Kirk Lazarus while Baruchel is billed as Kevin Sandusky, an unknown actor on the set.
Stiller is also penning the script and taking a role together with Justin Theroux as well as seat as the flick's producer. Helping him in doing the former task is Etan Cohen, who recently wrote "Idiocracy" screenplay for the 20th Century Fox.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser