Honorees Named at the 2007 Spirit Awards
Again celebrating its recognition of best independent features and the names behind this year, the cinema group Film Independent ultimately listed out the winners of its Spirit Awards on Saturday, February 24, 2007.
Coming out as the top champ was road movie "Little Miss Sunshine" which scooped up four honors altogether, notably Best Feature and Best Feature and Best Supporting Male for Alan Arkin. Other titles winning included "The Lives of Others" as the Best Foreign Film and "Quinceanera" as the recipient of John Cassavetes Award for the Best Feature made for under $500,000.
Accompanying Arkin in supporting slot was Frances McDormand who got recognized for her performance in "Friends with Money." Meanwhile, stars of "Half Nelson" Ryan Gosling and Shareeka Epps both delightfully scored in the lead acting category, the former being deemed Best Male Lead and the latter Best Female Lead.
Also at the event, late filmmaker Robert Altman, nominated as best director for his final film "A Prairie Home Companion", was saluted with an honorary Spirit Award for his lifetime devotion to independent film. For complete list of winners, do take a look on the organization's official site at http://filmindependent.org/spiritawards/sa_2007_winners.php.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences