Honorees Named at the 2007 Spirit Awards
Again celebrating its recognition of best independent features and the names behind this year, the cinema group Film Independent ultimately listed out the winners of its Spirit Awards on Saturday, February 24, 2007.
Coming out as the top champ was road movie "Little Miss Sunshine" which scooped up four honors altogether, notably Best Feature and Best Feature and Best Supporting Male for Alan Arkin. Other titles winning included "The Lives of Others" as the Best Foreign Film and "Quinceanera" as the recipient of John Cassavetes Award for the Best Feature made for under $500,000.
Accompanying Arkin in supporting slot was Frances McDormand who got recognized for her performance in "Friends with Money." Meanwhile, stars of "Half Nelson" Ryan Gosling and Shareeka Epps both delightfully scored in the lead acting category, the former being deemed Best Male Lead and the latter Best Female Lead.
Also at the event, late filmmaker Robert Altman, nominated as best director for his final film "A Prairie Home Companion", was saluted with an honorary Spirit Award for his lifetime devotion to independent film. For complete list of winners, do take a look on the organization's official site at http://filmindependent.org/spiritawards/sa_2007_winners.php.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?