Honorees Named at the 2007 Spirit Awards
Again celebrating its recognition of best independent features and the names behind this year, the cinema group Film Independent ultimately listed out the winners of its Spirit Awards on Saturday, February 24, 2007.
Coming out as the top champ was road movie "Little Miss Sunshine" which scooped up four honors altogether, notably Best Feature and Best Feature and Best Supporting Male for Alan Arkin. Other titles winning included "The Lives of Others" as the Best Foreign Film and "Quinceanera" as the recipient of John Cassavetes Award for the Best Feature made for under $500,000.
Accompanying Arkin in supporting slot was Frances McDormand who got recognized for her performance in "Friends with Money." Meanwhile, stars of "Half Nelson" Ryan Gosling and Shareeka Epps both delightfully scored in the lead acting category, the former being deemed Best Male Lead and the latter Best Female Lead.
Also at the event, late filmmaker Robert Altman, nominated as best director for his final film "A Prairie Home Companion", was saluted with an honorary Spirit Award for his lifetime devotion to independent film. For complete list of winners, do take a look on the organization's official site at http://filmindependent.org/spiritawards/sa_2007_winners.php.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding