"Alfred Hitchcock" Renamed, Settles at Universal
Few changes have been made on what has already been known as "Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho." Hollywood-Elsewhere.com has reported that the project from now on is called "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and will be developed under Universal Pictures instead.
Titled the same as the classic TV anthology series the Master of Suspense hosted, the flick previously was being set up at Focus Features with John McLaughlin penning the script. As for the story, it is said that the flick will center on the obstacles and discouragement Hitchcock had to go through in trying to get his popular classic "Psycho" made.
While "Nip/Tuck" creator Ryan Murphy has already been assigned to direct, Hollywood-Elsewhere.com notes that the picture will not likely be his next directorial work, though, as the man is expected to do the Watergate-era "Dirty Tricks" first at Paramount Pictures.
In terms of casting, however, the site did reveal an interesting tidbit, saying that Universal is attempting to have Anthony Hopkins as the iconic director and Helen Mirren as "Alma Reville, Hitchcock's wife and lifelong creative collaborator." Stay tuned for further development and more information on this project.
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface