"Alfred Hitchcock" Renamed, Settles at Universal
Few changes have been made on what has already been known as "Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho." Hollywood-Elsewhere.com has reported that the project from now on is called "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and will be developed under Universal Pictures instead.
Titled the same as the classic TV anthology series the Master of Suspense hosted, the flick previously was being set up at Focus Features with John McLaughlin penning the script. As for the story, it is said that the flick will center on the obstacles and discouragement Hitchcock had to go through in trying to get his popular classic "Psycho" made.
While "Nip/Tuck" creator Ryan Murphy has already been assigned to direct, Hollywood-Elsewhere.com notes that the picture will not likely be his next directorial work, though, as the man is expected to do the Watergate-era "Dirty Tricks" first at Paramount Pictures.
In terms of casting, however, the site did reveal an interesting tidbit, saying that Universal is attempting to have Anthony Hopkins as the iconic director and Helen Mirren as "Alma Reville, Hitchcock's wife and lifelong creative collaborator." Stay tuned for further development and more information on this project.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce