"Alfred Hitchcock" Renamed, Settles at Universal
Few changes have been made on what has already been known as "Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho." Hollywood-Elsewhere.com has reported that the project from now on is called "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and will be developed under Universal Pictures instead.
Titled the same as the classic TV anthology series the Master of Suspense hosted, the flick previously was being set up at Focus Features with John McLaughlin penning the script. As for the story, it is said that the flick will center on the obstacles and discouragement Hitchcock had to go through in trying to get his popular classic "Psycho" made.
While "Nip/Tuck" creator Ryan Murphy has already been assigned to direct, Hollywood-Elsewhere.com notes that the picture will not likely be his next directorial work, though, as the man is expected to do the Watergate-era "Dirty Tricks" first at Paramount Pictures.
In terms of casting, however, the site did reveal an interesting tidbit, saying that Universal is attempting to have Anthony Hopkins as the iconic director and Helen Mirren as "Alma Reville, Hitchcock's wife and lifelong creative collaborator." Stay tuned for further development and more information on this project.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her