"Alfred Hitchcock" Renamed, Settles at Universal
Few changes have been made on what has already been known as "Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho." Hollywood-Elsewhere.com has reported that the project from now on is called "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and will be developed under Universal Pictures instead.
Titled the same as the classic TV anthology series the Master of Suspense hosted, the flick previously was being set up at Focus Features with John McLaughlin penning the script. As for the story, it is said that the flick will center on the obstacles and discouragement Hitchcock had to go through in trying to get his popular classic "Psycho" made.
While "Nip/Tuck" creator Ryan Murphy has already been assigned to direct, Hollywood-Elsewhere.com notes that the picture will not likely be his next directorial work, though, as the man is expected to do the Watergate-era "Dirty Tricks" first at Paramount Pictures.
In terms of casting, however, the site did reveal an interesting tidbit, saying that Universal is attempting to have Anthony Hopkins as the iconic director and Helen Mirren as "Alma Reville, Hitchcock's wife and lifelong creative collaborator." Stay tuned for further development and more information on this project.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie