Shaun Toub Needs "Iron Man" Help
Turning into rather unusual direction for his next acting stint after that in drama feature "The Kite Runner", Shaun Toub has been confirmed to land a starring slot in superhero flick "Iron Man", the first Marvel Studio-produced movie under its alliance with Paramount Pictures.
Based on the fictional Marvel Comics character, the project has already constructed stellar cast consisting of Robert Downey Jr., Terrence Howard, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Jeff Bridges who will play the title character/Tony Stark, Jim Rhodes, Pepper Potts, and Stark's business associate, respectively.
Production will begin March 12 this year in California for a May 2, 2008 release with "Zathura" director Jon Favreau at helm. The man is also on board to executive produce alongside Michael A. Helfant, Stan Lee, Louis D'Esposito and Peter Billingsley while Avi Arad and Kevin Feige will produce.
Toub, a prolific actor of Persian descent, is last seen on the big screen playing Joaquim in New Line Cinema's "The Nativity Story" which follows the life of the Virgin Mary and Joseph from the time of the Annunciation in Nazareth to the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. Other notable film credits of his include "Crash", "Bad Boys", "Broken Arrow", and "Stigmata."
More Iron Man News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!