Andrew Garfield Taming the "Lions"
Set to plant solid base in Hollywood, British newcomer Andrew Garfield has successfully acquired a starring slot in United Artists' high-profile drama "Lions for Lambs", joining household names like Robert Redford, Tom Cruise, and Meryl Streep.
Currently in production, the picture presents three interconnected plotlines concerning a congressman, an idealistic professor, and a pair of American soldiers wounded in enemy territory in Afghanistan. Redford is on duty to direct from script penned by Matthew Michael Carnahan with MGM to distribute domestically.
Garfield, who also has starring role in Justin Chadwick's "The Other Boleyn Girl", is primarily a stage actor and has won several awards for his performances onstage, including the outstanding newcomer honor at the 2006 Evening Standard Theatre Awards. Some of his theatrical credits are "The Laramie Project", "Romeo & Juliet", "Beautiful Thing", and "Citizenship."
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money