Andrew Garfield Taming the "Lions"
Set to plant solid base in Hollywood, British newcomer Andrew Garfield has successfully acquired a starring slot in United Artists' high-profile drama "Lions for Lambs", joining household names like Robert Redford, Tom Cruise, and Meryl Streep.
Currently in production, the picture presents three interconnected plotlines concerning a congressman, an idealistic professor, and a pair of American soldiers wounded in enemy territory in Afghanistan. Redford is on duty to direct from script penned by Matthew Michael Carnahan with MGM to distribute domestically.
Garfield, who also has starring role in Justin Chadwick's "The Other Boleyn Girl", is primarily a stage actor and has won several awards for his performances onstage, including the outstanding newcomer honor at the 2006 Evening Standard Theatre Awards. Some of his theatrical credits are "The Laramie Project", "Romeo & Juliet", "Beautiful Thing", and "Citizenship."
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes