Andrew Garfield Taming the "Lions"
Set to plant solid base in Hollywood, British newcomer Andrew Garfield has successfully acquired a starring slot in United Artists' high-profile drama "Lions for Lambs", joining household names like Robert Redford, Tom Cruise, and Meryl Streep.
Currently in production, the picture presents three interconnected plotlines concerning a congressman, an idealistic professor, and a pair of American soldiers wounded in enemy territory in Afghanistan. Redford is on duty to direct from script penned by Matthew Michael Carnahan with MGM to distribute domestically.
Garfield, who also has starring role in Justin Chadwick's "The Other Boleyn Girl", is primarily a stage actor and has won several awards for his performances onstage, including the outstanding newcomer honor at the 2006 Evening Standard Theatre Awards. Some of his theatrical credits are "The Laramie Project", "Romeo & Juliet", "Beautiful Thing", and "Citizenship."
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzles With Purple Lipstick on Glamour Mexico. See the Sexy Snaps!
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women