Winners Listed at the 57th Annual Berlinale
Coming to the closing date of the 57th annual Berlin International Film Festival, the event's international jury ultimately listed out the winners for the Competition section this year on Saturday, February 17, 2007.
Out of several U.S. productions participating in the program, only "The Good Shepherd" that managed to snatch one honor. Presenting the story about the origins of the CIA, the flick was given a Silver Bear of Outstanding Artistic Contribution 2007 for its ensemble cast which included Robert De Niro, Matt Damon, and Angelina Jolie.
Meanwhile, top prize of Golden Bear Award went to Chinese film "Tuya's Marriage" with Ariel Rotter's "El Otro" ("The Other") nabbing a Silver Bear of The Jury Grand Prix 2007. The latter feature also won its lead Julio Chavez the Best Actor title, accompanied by Germany's Nina Hoss of "Yella" in the opposite category.
Deemed as the Best Director 2007 was U.S.-born Israeli filmmaker Joseph Cedar who took the honor for his work in "Beaufort" while David Mackenzie took home a Silver Bear of Best Film Music 2007 for his work in "Hallam Foe" and South Korean director Park Chan-wook received Alfred Bauer Prize 2007 for "Sai bo gu ji man gwen chan a" ("I'm A Cyborg, But That's OK").
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby