Winners Listed at the 57th Annual Berlinale
Coming to the closing date of the 57th annual Berlin International Film Festival, the event's international jury ultimately listed out the winners for the Competition section this year on Saturday, February 17, 2007.
Out of several U.S. productions participating in the program, only "The Good Shepherd" that managed to snatch one honor. Presenting the story about the origins of the CIA, the flick was given a Silver Bear of Outstanding Artistic Contribution 2007 for its ensemble cast which included Robert De Niro, Matt Damon, and Angelina Jolie.
Meanwhile, top prize of Golden Bear Award went to Chinese film "Tuya's Marriage" with Ariel Rotter's "El Otro" ("The Other") nabbing a Silver Bear of The Jury Grand Prix 2007. The latter feature also won its lead Julio Chavez the Best Actor title, accompanied by Germany's Nina Hoss of "Yella" in the opposite category.
Deemed as the Best Director 2007 was U.S.-born Israeli filmmaker Joseph Cedar who took the honor for his work in "Beaufort" while David Mackenzie took home a Silver Bear of Best Film Music 2007 for his work in "Hallam Foe" and South Korean director Park Chan-wook received Alfred Bauer Prize 2007 for "Sai bo gu ji man gwen chan a" ("I'm A Cyborg, But That's OK").
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie