Carter B. Smith Digging "The Ruins"
Ready to carry out his third directorial effort, Carter B. Smith has given positive sign to helm "The Ruins", a horror thriller feature set in the Yucatan jungles, which will be released under DreamWorks Pictures banner.
An adaptation of the Scott Smith novel, the flick revolves around four American friends vacationing in Cancun who find themselves lost in the jungle after joining a German tourist to help looking for his missing brother. Names attached to star have not yet been revealed.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Scott Smith himself is in charge to adapt the screenplay with Stuart Cornfeld producing for Ben Stiller's Red Hour. Smith, a graduate of Columbia University, previously penned for the adaptation of his other novel "A Simple Plan" which earned him an Oscar nomination for best adapted screenplay in 1999.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed