Carter B. Smith Digging "The Ruins"
Ready to carry out his third directorial effort, Carter B. Smith has given positive sign to helm "The Ruins", a horror thriller feature set in the Yucatan jungles, which will be released under DreamWorks Pictures banner.
An adaptation of the Scott Smith novel, the flick revolves around four American friends vacationing in Cancun who find themselves lost in the jungle after joining a German tourist to help looking for his missing brother. Names attached to star have not yet been revealed.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Scott Smith himself is in charge to adapt the screenplay with Stuart Cornfeld producing for Ben Stiller's Red Hour. Smith, a graduate of Columbia University, previously penned for the adaptation of his other novel "A Simple Plan" which earned him an Oscar nomination for best adapted screenplay in 1999.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia