More to Protect the "Avatar"
Good news has come from James Cameron regarding his ambitious project "Avatar." On his way back from filming three days of live action work in Kauai for the flick, the famed filmmaker eagerly gave Ain't It Cool News an update of the movie's cast.
The Oscar-winning director happily confirmed that Wes Studi, Sigourney Weaver, Peter Mensah, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, and Laz Alonso have all been included in the lineup with Weaver playing a character named Grace. Already submitted to the list were Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana who portray Jake Sully and Neytiri, respectively.
As for the picture's progress, Cameron is said to now begin a stage of the production called Pre-Capture which he carries out mainly with Worthington and Saldana as their characters have been fully entered into the CG system. The movie itself will be a sci-fi thriller feature telling the story of a wounded ex-marine who gets caught up in battle for survival when he is sent to settle and exploit a faraway planet.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant