Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon Laud "The Fighter"
The two striking hunks from "The Departed" are back, only they are brothers now.
Yes, Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon are both positive to highlight a biopic titled "The Fighter" as boxer "Irish" Mickey Ward and his trainer brother Dick Eklund, respectively.
A production of Paramount Pictures and Mandeville Films, the project chronicles the brothers' early days on the rough streets of Lowell, Massachusets to Eklund's battle with drugs and Ward's eventual world championship in London. Name to direct has not yet been revealed.
No word on a production schedule, either, but it is reported that Paul Attanasio is expected to make a re-write of Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson's original screenplay in the next couple weeks. The man recently wrote for Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Good German" which is toplined by George Clooney, Wahlberg's co-star in David O. Russel's 1999 work "Three Kings."
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris