Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon Laud "The Fighter"
The two striking hunks from "The Departed" are back, only they are brothers now.
Yes, Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon are both positive to highlight a biopic titled "The Fighter" as boxer "Irish" Mickey Ward and his trainer brother Dick Eklund, respectively.
A production of Paramount Pictures and Mandeville Films, the project chronicles the brothers' early days on the rough streets of Lowell, Massachusets to Eklund's battle with drugs and Ward's eventual world championship in London. Name to direct has not yet been revealed.
No word on a production schedule, either, but it is reported that Paul Attanasio is expected to make a re-write of Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson's original screenplay in the next couple weeks. The man recently wrote for Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Good German" which is toplined by George Clooney, Wahlberg's co-star in David O. Russel's 1999 work "Three Kings."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'