Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon Laud "The Fighter"
The two striking hunks from "The Departed" are back, only they are brothers now.
Yes, Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon are both positive to highlight a biopic titled "The Fighter" as boxer "Irish" Mickey Ward and his trainer brother Dick Eklund, respectively.
A production of Paramount Pictures and Mandeville Films, the project chronicles the brothers' early days on the rough streets of Lowell, Massachusets to Eklund's battle with drugs and Ward's eventual world championship in London. Name to direct has not yet been revealed.
No word on a production schedule, either, but it is reported that Paul Attanasio is expected to make a re-write of Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson's original screenplay in the next couple weeks. The man recently wrote for Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Good German" which is toplined by George Clooney, Wahlberg's co-star in David O. Russel's 1999 work "Three Kings."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?