Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon Laud "The Fighter"
The two striking hunks from "The Departed" are back, only they are brothers now.
Yes, Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon are both positive to highlight a biopic titled "The Fighter" as boxer "Irish" Mickey Ward and his trainer brother Dick Eklund, respectively.
A production of Paramount Pictures and Mandeville Films, the project chronicles the brothers' early days on the rough streets of Lowell, Massachusets to Eklund's battle with drugs and Ward's eventual world championship in London. Name to direct has not yet been revealed.
No word on a production schedule, either, but it is reported that Paul Attanasio is expected to make a re-write of Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson's original screenplay in the next couple weeks. The man recently wrote for Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Good German" which is toplined by George Clooney, Wahlberg's co-star in David O. Russel's 1999 work "Three Kings."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season