Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon Laud "The Fighter"
The two striking hunks from "The Departed" are back, only they are brothers now.
Yes, Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon are both positive to highlight a biopic titled "The Fighter" as boxer "Irish" Mickey Ward and his trainer brother Dick Eklund, respectively.
A production of Paramount Pictures and Mandeville Films, the project chronicles the brothers' early days on the rough streets of Lowell, Massachusets to Eklund's battle with drugs and Ward's eventual world championship in London. Name to direct has not yet been revealed.
No word on a production schedule, either, but it is reported that Paul Attanasio is expected to make a re-write of Paul Tamasy and Eric Johnson's original screenplay in the next couple weeks. The man recently wrote for Warner Bros. Pictures' "The Good German" which is toplined by George Clooney, Wahlberg's co-star in David O. Russel's 1999 work "Three Kings."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones