Warrior Princess Lucy Lawless to Become One of the "Football Wives"
She takes off her warrior predicate just to become an ordinary woman. Lucy Lawless, the former "Xena: Warrior Princess" star, has secured a new role on the new ABC pilot drama, "Football Wives."
"Football Wives" is an adaptation of the British soap about wives and girlfriends of professional soccer players. The US version will substitute American football for soccer.
Lawless has been tapped to play Tanya, played by Zoe Lucker in the UK version, the ruthless spouse of bad boy Jason Turner, who was played by Cristian Solimeno in the British version.
Also signed on for the pilot, which is being produced by Bryan Singer, is Gabrielle Union.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton