Warrior Princess Lucy Lawless to Become One of the "Football Wives"
She takes off her warrior predicate just to become an ordinary woman. Lucy Lawless, the former "Xena: Warrior Princess" star, has secured a new role on the new ABC pilot drama, "Football Wives."
"Football Wives" is an adaptation of the British soap about wives and girlfriends of professional soccer players. The US version will substitute American football for soccer.
Lawless has been tapped to play Tanya, played by Zoe Lucker in the UK version, the ruthless spouse of bad boy Jason Turner, who was played by Cristian Solimeno in the British version.
Also signed on for the pilot, which is being produced by Bryan Singer, is Gabrielle Union.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes