Warrior Princess Lucy Lawless to Become One of the "Football Wives"
She takes off her warrior predicate just to become an ordinary woman. Lucy Lawless, the former "Xena: Warrior Princess" star, has secured a new role on the new ABC pilot drama, "Football Wives."
"Football Wives" is an adaptation of the British soap about wives and girlfriends of professional soccer players. The US version will substitute American football for soccer.
Lawless has been tapped to play Tanya, played by Zoe Lucker in the UK version, the ruthless spouse of bad boy Jason Turner, who was played by Cristian Solimeno in the British version.
Also signed on for the pilot, which is being produced by Bryan Singer, is Gabrielle Union.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6