Warrior Princess Lucy Lawless to Become One of the "Football Wives"
She takes off her warrior predicate just to become an ordinary woman. Lucy Lawless, the former "Xena: Warrior Princess" star, has secured a new role on the new ABC pilot drama, "Football Wives."
"Football Wives" is an adaptation of the British soap about wives and girlfriends of professional soccer players. The US version will substitute American football for soccer.
Lawless has been tapped to play Tanya, played by Zoe Lucker in the UK version, the ruthless spouse of bad boy Jason Turner, who was played by Cristian Solimeno in the British version.
Also signed on for the pilot, which is being produced by Bryan Singer, is Gabrielle Union.
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'