Ian McShane Is "Rising"
Going to fantasy genre again after his voice work in "The Golden Compass", Ian McShane has signed on to star in "The Dark Is Rising", a fantasy project coming from the 20th Century Fox and Walden Media.
The first film adaptation of Susan Cooper's acclaimed "The Dark Is Rising Sequence", the picture focuses on an ordinary boy named Will Stanton, the last member of a group of immortal warriors fighting the forces of the Dark named the "Old Ones". Through a series of mysterious clues, he later discovers that the Dark once again rises and it's all up to him to save the future of the world.
Lined up alongside Frances Conroy and Alexander Ludwig in the cast, McShane will portray Merriman Lyon, one of the Old Ones who serves as Stanton's mentor and shield. Filming is scheduled to begin this month in Romania with David Cunningham helming from John Hodge's script and Marc Platt producing.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting