Ian McShane Is "Rising"
Going to fantasy genre again after his voice work in "The Golden Compass", Ian McShane has signed on to star in "The Dark Is Rising", a fantasy project coming from the 20th Century Fox and Walden Media.
The first film adaptation of Susan Cooper's acclaimed "The Dark Is Rising Sequence", the picture focuses on an ordinary boy named Will Stanton, the last member of a group of immortal warriors fighting the forces of the Dark named the "Old Ones". Through a series of mysterious clues, he later discovers that the Dark once again rises and it's all up to him to save the future of the world.
Lined up alongside Frances Conroy and Alexander Ludwig in the cast, McShane will portray Merriman Lyon, one of the Old Ones who serves as Stanton's mentor and shield. Filming is scheduled to begin this month in Romania with David Cunningham helming from John Hodge's script and Marc Platt producing.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video