Ian McShane Is "Rising"
Going to fantasy genre again after his voice work in "The Golden Compass", Ian McShane has signed on to star in "The Dark Is Rising", a fantasy project coming from the 20th Century Fox and Walden Media.
The first film adaptation of Susan Cooper's acclaimed "The Dark Is Rising Sequence", the picture focuses on an ordinary boy named Will Stanton, the last member of a group of immortal warriors fighting the forces of the Dark named the "Old Ones". Through a series of mysterious clues, he later discovers that the Dark once again rises and it's all up to him to save the future of the world.
Lined up alongside Frances Conroy and Alexander Ludwig in the cast, McShane will portray Merriman Lyon, one of the Old Ones who serves as Stanton's mentor and shield. Filming is scheduled to begin this month in Romania with David Cunningham helming from John Hodge's script and Marc Platt producing.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo