Ian McShane Is "Rising"
Going to fantasy genre again after his voice work in "The Golden Compass", Ian McShane has signed on to star in "The Dark Is Rising", a fantasy project coming from the 20th Century Fox and Walden Media.
The first film adaptation of Susan Cooper's acclaimed "The Dark Is Rising Sequence", the picture focuses on an ordinary boy named Will Stanton, the last member of a group of immortal warriors fighting the forces of the Dark named the "Old Ones". Through a series of mysterious clues, he later discovers that the Dark once again rises and it's all up to him to save the future of the world.
Lined up alongside Frances Conroy and Alexander Ludwig in the cast, McShane will portray Merriman Lyon, one of the Old Ones who serves as Stanton's mentor and shield. Filming is scheduled to begin this month in Romania with David Cunningham helming from John Hodge's script and Marc Platt producing.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal