The 59th Annual WGA Awards Winners Unveiled
Writing names behind "Little Miss Sunshine" and "The Departed" both successfully beat out its tough rivals to glow as the champs at this year's WGA Awards gala ceremonies, held yesterday, February 11 at the Los Angeles' Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel.
"Sunshine" writer Michael Arndt received the prize in Original Screenplay category for film feature while "Departed" scribe William Monahan delightfully took home another in Adapted Screenplay. Both have also landed nomination in the same categories at the upcoming Academy Awards in which the films they worked for are vying for best picture title.
For small screen slot, writers for "The Sopranos" triumphantly landed trophy in Dramatic Series with those behind "The Office" and "Ugly Betty" scoring in Comedy Series and New Series categories, respectively. Elsewhere, writing team behind "SNL" won an award in Comedy/Variety Series, accompanied by they who pen "As the World Turns" in Dramatic Serials.
Other winners included Amy Berg who wrote for "Deliver Us from Evil", Jeffrey Veatch for "World News This Week", and Nevin Schreiner for "Flight 93." Complete list of names winning can be seen on the Guild's official site at http://www.wga.org/subpage_newsevents.aspx?id=2310.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...