The 59th Annual WGA Awards Winners Unveiled
Writing names behind "Little Miss Sunshine" and "The Departed" both successfully beat out its tough rivals to glow as the champs at this year's WGA Awards gala ceremonies, held yesterday, February 11 at the Los Angeles' Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel.
"Sunshine" writer Michael Arndt received the prize in Original Screenplay category for film feature while "Departed" scribe William Monahan delightfully took home another in Adapted Screenplay. Both have also landed nomination in the same categories at the upcoming Academy Awards in which the films they worked for are vying for best picture title.
For small screen slot, writers for "The Sopranos" triumphantly landed trophy in Dramatic Series with those behind "The Office" and "Ugly Betty" scoring in Comedy Series and New Series categories, respectively. Elsewhere, writing team behind "SNL" won an award in Comedy/Variety Series, accompanied by they who pen "As the World Turns" in Dramatic Serials.
Other winners included Amy Berg who wrote for "Deliver Us from Evil", Jeffrey Veatch for "World News This Week", and Nevin Schreiner for "Flight 93." Complete list of names winning can be seen on the Guild's official site at http://www.wga.org/subpage_newsevents.aspx?id=2310.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons