Matthew Goode and Ben Whisaw Picked for "Brideshead Revisited"
Ready to establish a solid team onscreen, Matthew Goode and Ben Whisaw have landed deals to star together in dramatic feature "Brideshead Revisited", a big screen adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's 1945 novel of the same title.
Goode will be billed as the protagonist, Charles Ryder, made famous in the U.K. by Jeremy Irons in a previous TV adaptation, while Whisaw as his good friend Sebastian Flyte, previously played by Anthony Andrews.
Filming is scheduled to start this spring under the direction of Julian Jarrold who will helm from a script by Andrew Davies and Jeremy Brock. Hanway Films is financing in association with Ecosse Films of which execs Douglas Rae and Robert Bernstein are set to serve as the film's producers.
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash