Four Tapped As Oscar Presenters
The list of names presenting awards at the upcoming Academy Awards is taking shape. Laura Ziskin, the telecast producer for the event, announced Wednesday, February 7 that Nicole Kidman, Will Ferrell, Daniel Craig, and Reese Witherspoon would all take the duty during the annual ceremony, held for the seventy-ninth time.
Taking place at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center on Sunday, February 25, this year's Oscar is honoring best achievements of 2006 and will be aired live by ABC at 5 p.m. PST (8 p.m. EST), beginning with a half-hour red carpet arrivals segment, "The Road to the Oscars."
Out of the four, Kidman and Witherspoon both had experience going onstage to receive the coveted prize in Best Actress in Leading Role category at past events. Kidman took home one in 2003 for her role in "The Hours" while Witherspoon in 2006 for hers in "Walk the Line."
More Nicole Kidman News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival