Four Tapped As Oscar Presenters
The list of names presenting awards at the upcoming Academy Awards is taking shape. Laura Ziskin, the telecast producer for the event, announced Wednesday, February 7 that Nicole Kidman, Will Ferrell, Daniel Craig, and Reese Witherspoon would all take the duty during the annual ceremony, held for the seventy-ninth time.
Taking place at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center on Sunday, February 25, this year's Oscar is honoring best achievements of 2006 and will be aired live by ABC at 5 p.m. PST (8 p.m. EST), beginning with a half-hour red carpet arrivals segment, "The Road to the Oscars."
Out of the four, Kidman and Witherspoon both had experience going onstage to receive the coveted prize in Best Actress in Leading Role category at past events. Kidman took home one in 2003 for her role in "The Hours" while Witherspoon in 2006 for hers in "Walk the Line."
More Nicole Kidman News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones