Appendix Surgery Forced R. Kelly to Miss A Court Appearance
R. Kelly has just had his appendix removed. The R&B singer was admitted to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami on Sunday Feb 4th and underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
Attorney Terence Gillespie said Thursday Feb 8th that Kelly was in good condition and was expected to be released from the hospital later in the day.
However, the hospitalization forces Kelly to miss a Wednesday Feb 7th court date in his child pornography case. Meanwhile, Gillespie said Kelly is expected to attend his next court date on Feb 21st.
Kelly, an American singer, songwriter, and record producer, was charged with 14 counts of child pornography in 2002, after he allegedly videotaped himself having sex with a girl, who prosecutors say was as young as 13.
More R. Kelly News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group