Appendix Surgery Forced R. Kelly to Miss A Court Appearance
R. Kelly has just had his appendix removed. The R&B singer was admitted to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami on Sunday Feb 4th and underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
Attorney Terence Gillespie said Thursday Feb 8th that Kelly was in good condition and was expected to be released from the hospital later in the day.
However, the hospitalization forces Kelly to miss a Wednesday Feb 7th court date in his child pornography case. Meanwhile, Gillespie said Kelly is expected to attend his next court date on Feb 21st.
Kelly, an American singer, songwriter, and record producer, was charged with 14 counts of child pornography in 2002, after he allegedly videotaped himself having sex with a girl, who prosecutors say was as young as 13.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt