Appendix Surgery Forced R. Kelly to Miss A Court Appearance
R. Kelly has just had his appendix removed. The R&B singer was admitted to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami on Sunday Feb 4th and underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
Attorney Terence Gillespie said Thursday Feb 8th that Kelly was in good condition and was expected to be released from the hospital later in the day.
However, the hospitalization forces Kelly to miss a Wednesday Feb 7th court date in his child pornography case. Meanwhile, Gillespie said Kelly is expected to attend his next court date on Feb 21st.
Kelly, an American singer, songwriter, and record producer, was charged with 14 counts of child pornography in 2002, after he allegedly videotaped himself having sex with a girl, who prosecutors say was as young as 13.
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion