Appendix Surgery Forced R. Kelly to Miss A Court Appearance
R. Kelly has just had his appendix removed. The R&B singer was admitted to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami on Sunday Feb 4th and underwent surgery shortly thereafter.
Attorney Terence Gillespie said Thursday Feb 8th that Kelly was in good condition and was expected to be released from the hospital later in the day.
However, the hospitalization forces Kelly to miss a Wednesday Feb 7th court date in his child pornography case. Meanwhile, Gillespie said Kelly is expected to attend his next court date on Feb 21st.
Kelly, an American singer, songwriter, and record producer, was charged with 14 counts of child pornography in 2002, after he allegedly videotaped himself having sex with a girl, who prosecutors say was as young as 13.
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory