Weinstein Making "Dirty Step"
Jumping into the recent flow of film spoofs, The Weinstein Company is set to bring up another of the kind titled "Dirty Step Stomp" from a spec script written by Steve Basilone and Annie Mebane, Variety has reported.
Aims to develop the flick with Benderspink, Weinstein Co. will make the movie as a spoof on dance movies, lampooning either the recent ones like "Save the Last Dance", "Step Up", and "Stomp the Yard" or the 1980s classics such as "Footloose" and "Dirty Dancing." Chris Bender, Mason Novick, JC Spink are all serving as producers.
The idea to make the movie initially was hatched in one of Benderspink's weekly idea meetings where Amber DeFrancis sparked a thought to make a dance spoof movie, noting that the genre was ripe for a takedown. Joined forces with Andrew Mallett, Basilone, and Mebane, she then developed the script over the next couple of weeks under Novick's guidance.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed