Weinstein Making "Dirty Step"
Jumping into the recent flow of film spoofs, The Weinstein Company is set to bring up another of the kind titled "Dirty Step Stomp" from a spec script written by Steve Basilone and Annie Mebane, Variety has reported.
Aims to develop the flick with Benderspink, Weinstein Co. will make the movie as a spoof on dance movies, lampooning either the recent ones like "Save the Last Dance", "Step Up", and "Stomp the Yard" or the 1980s classics such as "Footloose" and "Dirty Dancing." Chris Bender, Mason Novick, JC Spink are all serving as producers.
The idea to make the movie initially was hatched in one of Benderspink's weekly idea meetings where Amber DeFrancis sparked a thought to make a dance spoof movie, noting that the genre was ripe for a takedown. Joined forces with Andrew Mallett, Basilone, and Mebane, she then developed the script over the next couple of weeks under Novick's guidance.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival