Weinstein Making "Dirty Step"
Jumping into the recent flow of film spoofs, The Weinstein Company is set to bring up another of the kind titled "Dirty Step Stomp" from a spec script written by Steve Basilone and Annie Mebane, Variety has reported.
Aims to develop the flick with Benderspink, Weinstein Co. will make the movie as a spoof on dance movies, lampooning either the recent ones like "Save the Last Dance", "Step Up", and "Stomp the Yard" or the 1980s classics such as "Footloose" and "Dirty Dancing." Chris Bender, Mason Novick, JC Spink are all serving as producers.
The idea to make the movie initially was hatched in one of Benderspink's weekly idea meetings where Amber DeFrancis sparked a thought to make a dance spoof movie, noting that the genre was ripe for a takedown. Joined forces with Andrew Mallett, Basilone, and Mebane, she then developed the script over the next couple of weeks under Novick's guidance.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child