Weinstein Making "Dirty Step"
Jumping into the recent flow of film spoofs, The Weinstein Company is set to bring up another of the kind titled "Dirty Step Stomp" from a spec script written by Steve Basilone and Annie Mebane, Variety has reported.
Aims to develop the flick with Benderspink, Weinstein Co. will make the movie as a spoof on dance movies, lampooning either the recent ones like "Save the Last Dance", "Step Up", and "Stomp the Yard" or the 1980s classics such as "Footloose" and "Dirty Dancing." Chris Bender, Mason Novick, JC Spink are all serving as producers.
The idea to make the movie initially was hatched in one of Benderspink's weekly idea meetings where Amber DeFrancis sparked a thought to make a dance spoof movie, noting that the genre was ripe for a takedown. Joined forces with Andrew Mallett, Basilone, and Mebane, she then developed the script over the next couple of weeks under Novick's guidance.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences