Weinstein Making "Dirty Step"
Jumping into the recent flow of film spoofs, The Weinstein Company is set to bring up another of the kind titled "Dirty Step Stomp" from a spec script written by Steve Basilone and Annie Mebane, Variety has reported.
Aims to develop the flick with Benderspink, Weinstein Co. will make the movie as a spoof on dance movies, lampooning either the recent ones like "Save the Last Dance", "Step Up", and "Stomp the Yard" or the 1980s classics such as "Footloose" and "Dirty Dancing." Chris Bender, Mason Novick, JC Spink are all serving as producers.
The idea to make the movie initially was hatched in one of Benderspink's weekly idea meetings where Amber DeFrancis sparked a thought to make a dance spoof movie, noting that the genre was ripe for a takedown. Joined forces with Andrew Mallett, Basilone, and Mebane, she then developed the script over the next couple of weeks under Novick's guidance.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017