The 21st Soul Train Music Awards Early Nominees Are Here
Her "B'Day" brings good luck for Beyonce Knowles. Not only the LP sold more than 541,000 copies in the U.S., immediately coming in at number one, making it her highest first-week sales as a solo artist, but also it brings Beyonce a leading three nominations at the 21st Soul Train Music Awards.
The three nominations she scores are Best R&B/Soul Album, Female; Best R&B/Soul or Rap Music Video and Best R&B/Soul Single, Female both for "Irreplaceable". The next nominee is Mary J. Blige who's been nominated for Best R&B/Soul Single, Female for "Take Me as I Am"; and Best R&B/Soul Album, Female for "The Breakthrough".
Also on the list of nominees, including Keyshia Cole who nabs the Best R&B/Soul Single, Female nomination for "Love"; LeToya Luckett who also scores the Best R&B/Soul Single, Female nomination for "Torn", Avant earns the nominations of Best R&B/Soul Single, Male for "4 Minutes", Chris Brown who gets two nominations, John Legend and Ne-Yo, each vies for one category only.
Nominees for the award event were announced Tuesday Feb 6th. For more, visit http://crunktastical.blogspot.com/2007/02/2007-soul-train-music-awards.html. This year Soul Train Music Awards, which is its 21st, will air in syndication March 17-24 with award winners to be announced March 10 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium. Omarion and LeToya, both have been billed to co-host.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance