"Prince Caspian" Identity Revealed
After remaining as a mystery for some time, Disney has finally unveiled the identity of the mysterious actor to play the titular role in "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", and it turns out to be English hunk Ben Barnes, known for his role as Dakin in the National Theatre's revival of the Tony award-winning play "The History Boys."
"Ben is a very accomplished young man, he's been getting a lot of good reviews lately for a play that he has on the West End," director Andrew Adamson commented. "He came to us very late in the game and he just blew us away. He's going to be a great addition to the cast. I think he'll really fit in well with the other kids."
Next can be seen starring in Paramount Pictures' fantasy flick "Stardust", Barnes is said to have signed a three-picture deal for the hit franchise, which the studio envisions as a seven-film series. However, his decision apparently has caused storm toward another party.
"Ben Barnes has decided to leave The History Boys early, before his contract is finished," a spokesperson for the National Theatre claimed. "It is something we are taking very seriously. He has accepted an offer to be in a children's Disney film and we have had to fly Jamie King back at extremely short notice this week."
In related news, it has been reported that Alicia Borrachero has also joined the cast to portray Prunaprismia, the wife of Narnia's evil king General Miraz. For the Spanish actress, "Caspian" will be her next Hollywood project after Mike Newell's "Love in the Time of Cholera."
Making the latest additions in the cast are Peter Dinklage and Vincent Grass who will portray Trumpkin the Dwarf and Caspian's mentor Doctor Cornelius, respectively. Dinklage, known for his role in "The Station Agent", is last seen starring in the 2006 courtroom drama "Find Me Guilty" while Grass is a prolific Belgian actor who has appeared in a number of both European and American film and television productions.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group