Walden Posting "The Screwtape Letters"
Aiming to spark another potential feature following the success of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe", Philip Anschutz's Walden Media is teaming up with Ralph Winter Productions to set up "The Screwtape Letters" for the big screen.
Based on C.S. Lewis' 1942 book of the same name, the project thus will be the company's second adaptation of the author's work after "Narnia" series. It is about to be produced under Walden's Bristol Bay Productions banner for a 2008 release. Names to either write or direct have not yet been attached.
As for the premise, the picture is likely to stay true to the original source material of which story takes the form of series of letters sent by a senior devil named Screwtape to his subordinate 'nephew' Wormwood. Through the letters, Screwtape gives detailed advice on methods of securing the damnation of an earthly man known as 'the Patient'.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding