Walden Posting "The Screwtape Letters"
Aiming to spark another potential feature following the success of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe", Philip Anschutz's Walden Media is teaming up with Ralph Winter Productions to set up "The Screwtape Letters" for the big screen.
Based on C.S. Lewis' 1942 book of the same name, the project thus will be the company's second adaptation of the author's work after "Narnia" series. It is about to be produced under Walden's Bristol Bay Productions banner for a 2008 release. Names to either write or direct have not yet been attached.
As for the premise, the picture is likely to stay true to the original source material of which story takes the form of series of letters sent by a senior devil named Screwtape to his subordinate 'nephew' Wormwood. Through the letters, Screwtape gives detailed advice on methods of securing the damnation of an earthly man known as 'the Patient'.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie