Walden Posting "The Screwtape Letters"
Aiming to spark another potential feature following the success of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe", Philip Anschutz's Walden Media is teaming up with Ralph Winter Productions to set up "The Screwtape Letters" for the big screen.
Based on C.S. Lewis' 1942 book of the same name, the project thus will be the company's second adaptation of the author's work after "Narnia" series. It is about to be produced under Walden's Bristol Bay Productions banner for a 2008 release. Names to either write or direct have not yet been attached.
As for the premise, the picture is likely to stay true to the original source material of which story takes the form of series of letters sent by a senior devil named Screwtape to his subordinate 'nephew' Wormwood. Through the letters, Screwtape gives detailed advice on methods of securing the damnation of an earthly man known as 'the Patient'.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'