Walden Posting "The Screwtape Letters"
Aiming to spark another potential feature following the success of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe", Philip Anschutz's Walden Media is teaming up with Ralph Winter Productions to set up "The Screwtape Letters" for the big screen.
Based on C.S. Lewis' 1942 book of the same name, the project thus will be the company's second adaptation of the author's work after "Narnia" series. It is about to be produced under Walden's Bristol Bay Productions banner for a 2008 release. Names to either write or direct have not yet been attached.
As for the premise, the picture is likely to stay true to the original source material of which story takes the form of series of letters sent by a senior devil named Screwtape to his subordinate 'nephew' Wormwood. Through the letters, Screwtape gives detailed advice on methods of securing the damnation of an earthly man known as 'the Patient'.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic