"Dreamgirl" Jennifer Hudson to Sing at Oscars
Former American Idol third season finalist, Jennifer Hudson, has landed an Oscar gig. The "Dreamgirls" star has been tapped to sing at the forthcoming Academy Awards, which is about to take place February 25th.
Hudson told Oprah Winfrey during the Tuesday's edition of "The Oprah Winfrey Show," she would be singing "Love You I Do," which is one of three Oscar-nominated songs from the critically acclaimed film.
Hudson, additionally, also told Oprah that she would begin recording her debut solo album in March with legendary producer Clive Davis. She also is an Oscar hopeful for the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role for her portrayal of Effie in the Golden Globe-winning movie musical "Dreamgirls".
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media