"Dreamgirl" Jennifer Hudson to Sing at Oscars
Former American Idol third season finalist, Jennifer Hudson, has landed an Oscar gig. The "Dreamgirls" star has been tapped to sing at the forthcoming Academy Awards, which is about to take place February 25th.
Hudson told Oprah Winfrey during the Tuesday's edition of "The Oprah Winfrey Show," she would be singing "Love You I Do," which is one of three Oscar-nominated songs from the critically acclaimed film.
Hudson, additionally, also told Oprah that she would begin recording her debut solo album in March with legendary producer Clive Davis. She also is an Oscar hopeful for the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role for her portrayal of Effie in the Golden Globe-winning movie musical "Dreamgirls".
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song