"Dreamgirl" Jennifer Hudson to Sing at Oscars
Former American Idol third season finalist, Jennifer Hudson, has landed an Oscar gig. The "Dreamgirls" star has been tapped to sing at the forthcoming Academy Awards, which is about to take place February 25th.
Hudson told Oprah Winfrey during the Tuesday's edition of "The Oprah Winfrey Show," she would be singing "Love You I Do," which is one of three Oscar-nominated songs from the critically acclaimed film.
Hudson, additionally, also told Oprah that she would begin recording her debut solo album in March with legendary producer Clive Davis. She also is an Oscar hopeful for the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role for her portrayal of Effie in the Golden Globe-winning movie musical "Dreamgirls".
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Comic-Con: New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Brings Back Elektra as Villain
- Kylie Jenner Is Afraid Tyga Will Release Their Intimate Videos 'Out of Spite'
- Royal Tantrum! Princess Charlotte Cries and Refuses to Board Helicopter in Hamburg
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!
- Comic-Con: 'The Gifted' Debuts New Mutant-Filled Trailer, Confirms No Crossover With 'X-Men'