Warner Bros. Looks for Another "Wonder Woman" Script
Seemingly searching for alternatives in developing the long-gestating project of "Wonder Woman", Warner Bros. Pictures and Silver Pictures are quietly in the process of buying a script for the flick from writing duo Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The trade, however, pointed out that the purchase is actually a pre-emptive measure undertaken to take the spec script off the market in order to protect itself against the possibility that any similarities between the scripts could be fodder for future legal action.
Though so, the script is said to have impressed the executives at Silver Pictures despite its WWII background, which is opposed to producer Joel Silver's favor since he is more inclined to make a present-day story of the superhero as presented in director Joss Whedon's script.
More Wonder Woman News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation