Warner Bros. Looks for Another "Wonder Woman" Script
Seemingly searching for alternatives in developing the long-gestating project of "Wonder Woman", Warner Bros. Pictures and Silver Pictures are quietly in the process of buying a script for the flick from writing duo Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The trade, however, pointed out that the purchase is actually a pre-emptive measure undertaken to take the spec script off the market in order to protect itself against the possibility that any similarities between the scripts could be fodder for future legal action.
Though so, the script is said to have impressed the executives at Silver Pictures despite its WWII background, which is opposed to producer Joel Silver's favor since he is more inclined to make a present-day story of the superhero as presented in director Joss Whedon's script.
More Wonder Woman News
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI