Dino De Laurentiis to Expose More "Hannibal" Stories
Looking on producer Dino De Laurentiis' optimism toward the potentiality of his upcoming producing work "Hannibal Rising" to create big buzz among moviegoers, it should be no great surprise to learn that there will be more "Hannibal" films coming to the big screen as the man has suggested.
"I presume that we created a success with this new franchise about young Hannibal Lecter, and I want to start to think about going ahead with the story," he told MTV.
With this intention, De Laurentiis' points out that any future Lecter story will likely focus on the unusual relationship between the iconic serial killer and his "Rising" love interest, Lady Murasaki Shikibu, played by Gong Li in the film.
"You see in the movie that ... it's an attraction, but nothing serious happens. In the future, maybe something happens, if we go with [another sequel]," so he said.
A prequel to the "Hannibal" series, "Hannibal Rising" is a film adaptation of Thomas Harris' 2006 novel of the same name which chronicles the titular character's childhood and early adulthood. The flick is slated to hit theaters next week on Friday, February 9 under MGM banner.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris