Dino De Laurentiis to Expose More "Hannibal" Stories
Looking on producer Dino De Laurentiis' optimism toward the potentiality of his upcoming producing work "Hannibal Rising" to create big buzz among moviegoers, it should be no great surprise to learn that there will be more "Hannibal" films coming to the big screen as the man has suggested.
"I presume that we created a success with this new franchise about young Hannibal Lecter, and I want to start to think about going ahead with the story," he told MTV.
With this intention, De Laurentiis' points out that any future Lecter story will likely focus on the unusual relationship between the iconic serial killer and his "Rising" love interest, Lady Murasaki Shikibu, played by Gong Li in the film.
"You see in the movie that ... it's an attraction, but nothing serious happens. In the future, maybe something happens, if we go with [another sequel]," so he said.
A prequel to the "Hannibal" series, "Hannibal Rising" is a film adaptation of Thomas Harris' 2006 novel of the same name which chronicles the titular character's childhood and early adulthood. The flick is slated to hit theaters next week on Friday, February 9 under MGM banner.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle