Dino De Laurentiis to Expose More "Hannibal" Stories
Looking on producer Dino De Laurentiis' optimism toward the potentiality of his upcoming producing work "Hannibal Rising" to create big buzz among moviegoers, it should be no great surprise to learn that there will be more "Hannibal" films coming to the big screen as the man has suggested.
"I presume that we created a success with this new franchise about young Hannibal Lecter, and I want to start to think about going ahead with the story," he told MTV.
With this intention, De Laurentiis' points out that any future Lecter story will likely focus on the unusual relationship between the iconic serial killer and his "Rising" love interest, Lady Murasaki Shikibu, played by Gong Li in the film.
"You see in the movie that ... it's an attraction, but nothing serious happens. In the future, maybe something happens, if we go with [another sequel]," so he said.
A prequel to the "Hannibal" series, "Hannibal Rising" is a film adaptation of Thomas Harris' 2006 novel of the same name which chronicles the titular character's childhood and early adulthood. The flick is slated to hit theaters next week on Friday, February 9 under MGM banner.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal