Dino De Laurentiis to Expose More "Hannibal" Stories
Looking on producer Dino De Laurentiis' optimism toward the potentiality of his upcoming producing work "Hannibal Rising" to create big buzz among moviegoers, it should be no great surprise to learn that there will be more "Hannibal" films coming to the big screen as the man has suggested.
"I presume that we created a success with this new franchise about young Hannibal Lecter, and I want to start to think about going ahead with the story," he told MTV.
With this intention, De Laurentiis' points out that any future Lecter story will likely focus on the unusual relationship between the iconic serial killer and his "Rising" love interest, Lady Murasaki Shikibu, played by Gong Li in the film.
"You see in the movie that ... it's an attraction, but nothing serious happens. In the future, maybe something happens, if we go with [another sequel]," so he said.
A prequel to the "Hannibal" series, "Hannibal Rising" is a film adaptation of Thomas Harris' 2006 novel of the same name which chronicles the titular character's childhood and early adulthood. The flick is slated to hit theaters next week on Friday, February 9 under MGM banner.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie