Paris Hilton Won't Get Exposed
The wild partygoer Paris Hilton insisted she won't get exposed, not for Parisexposed.com at least. And so the hotel heiress has filed a federal lawsuit, seeking to shut down the Web site that displays personal photos, videos, diaries, and other belongings of her once kept at a storage facility.
Parisexposed.com, which was launched on Jan. 23, claiming the items were auctioned off after Hilton neglected to pay the Los Angeles-area storage facility. It also promises visitors who pay a fee of $39.97 access to Hilton's passport, medical records and other legal documents.
In her lawsuit filed Monday January 29th in federal court in Los Angeles, Paris claimed she put her possessions in storage two years ago when she and her sister, Nicky Hilton, moved out of a house that had been burglarized. The socialite, furthermore, said a moving company was supposed to pay the storage fees and was "shocked and surprised" to learn her belongings were sold at a public auction.
"I was appalled to learn that people are exploiting my and my sisters' private personal belongings for commercial gain," Paris said in a statement. The lawsuit alleges defendants Nabil and Nabila Haniss paid $2,775 for the contents of the storage unit and later sold the items for $10 million to entrepreneur Bardia Persa, who created the site ParisExposed.com.
And while neither parties give comment on the lawsuit, Paris' publicist Elliot Mintz said that she would like the site shut down and "would like all of these items returned to her."
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?