"Barbarella" Gets New Big Screen Treatment
The Queen of the galaxy will soon grace the big screen again, at least that's what Dino De Laurentiis is trying to say. The legendary film producer has stated that he is on the way to bring "Barbarella" to the surface as he did before in 1968.
Revealing that the script for the project is currently being worked on, De Laurentiis pointed out that the flick will not be a remake of Barbarella'" but "a completely new 'Barbarella'" instead while adding that the new version will have "love, sex, adventure."
The classic one, directed by Roger Vardim, was made based on a French sci-fi comic book of the same title created by Jean-Claude Forest and featured Jane Fonda as the titular character. It followed the heroine as she is dispatched by the President of the Galaxy on a special mission to track down a mad scientist named Durand Durand.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women