"Barbarella" Gets New Big Screen Treatment
The Queen of the galaxy will soon grace the big screen again, at least that's what Dino De Laurentiis is trying to say. The legendary film producer has stated that he is on the way to bring "Barbarella" to the surface as he did before in 1968.
Revealing that the script for the project is currently being worked on, De Laurentiis pointed out that the flick will not be a remake of Barbarella'" but "a completely new 'Barbarella'" instead while adding that the new version will have "love, sex, adventure."
The classic one, directed by Roger Vardim, was made based on a French sci-fi comic book of the same title created by Jean-Claude Forest and featured Jane Fonda as the titular character. It followed the heroine as she is dispatched by the President of the Galaxy on a special mission to track down a mad scientist named Durand Durand.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences