"Barbarella" Gets New Big Screen Treatment
The Queen of the galaxy will soon grace the big screen again, at least that's what Dino De Laurentiis is trying to say. The legendary film producer has stated that he is on the way to bring "Barbarella" to the surface as he did before in 1968.
Revealing that the script for the project is currently being worked on, De Laurentiis pointed out that the flick will not be a remake of Barbarella'" but "a completely new 'Barbarella'" instead while adding that the new version will have "love, sex, adventure."
The classic one, directed by Roger Vardim, was made based on a French sci-fi comic book of the same title created by Jean-Claude Forest and featured Jane Fonda as the titular character. It followed the heroine as she is dispatched by the President of the Galaxy on a special mission to track down a mad scientist named Durand Durand.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'