"Barbarella" Gets New Big Screen Treatment
The Queen of the galaxy will soon grace the big screen again, at least that's what Dino De Laurentiis is trying to say. The legendary film producer has stated that he is on the way to bring "Barbarella" to the surface as he did before in 1968.
Revealing that the script for the project is currently being worked on, De Laurentiis pointed out that the flick will not be a remake of Barbarella'" but "a completely new 'Barbarella'" instead while adding that the new version will have "love, sex, adventure."
The classic one, directed by Roger Vardim, was made based on a French sci-fi comic book of the same title created by Jean-Claude Forest and featured Jane Fonda as the titular character. It followed the heroine as she is dispatched by the President of the Galaxy on a special mission to track down a mad scientist named Durand Durand.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special