Singer-Actress Brandy Facing $50 Million Lawsuit in Car Crash
Ahmed Aboudihaj and Zohra Labridi, the parents of Awatef Aboudihaj, the woman killed in a car accident involving R&B singer Brandy, filed a $50 million wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday January 30th against the star, claiming "Brandy was driving recklessly" when she struck their daughter.
The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, comes a day after the California Highway Patrol recommended Brandy be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in the Dec. 30 accident. The city attorney's office is reviewing the case. If charged and convicted, Brandy faces up to one year in county jail.
Brandy issued a statement through her publicist last week expressing condolences to the victim's family. There was no immediate word on the lawsuit.
Brandy was driving on Dec. 30 when traffic slowed and her vehicle hit Aboudihaj's. Aboudihaj's car hit another vehicle, slid sideways into the center divider and was then hit by another car. Aboudihaj died at a hospital from blunt-force injuries.
More Brandy News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding