Singer-Actress Brandy Facing $50 Million Lawsuit in Car Crash
Ahmed Aboudihaj and Zohra Labridi, the parents of Awatef Aboudihaj, the woman killed in a car accident involving R&B singer Brandy, filed a $50 million wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday January 30th against the star, claiming "Brandy was driving recklessly" when she struck their daughter.
The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, comes a day after the California Highway Patrol recommended Brandy be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in the Dec. 30 accident. The city attorney's office is reviewing the case. If charged and convicted, Brandy faces up to one year in county jail.
Brandy issued a statement through her publicist last week expressing condolences to the victim's family. There was no immediate word on the lawsuit.
Brandy was driving on Dec. 30 when traffic slowed and her vehicle hit Aboudihaj's. Aboudihaj's car hit another vehicle, slid sideways into the center divider and was then hit by another car. Aboudihaj died at a hospital from blunt-force injuries.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub