Singer-Actress Brandy Facing $50 Million Lawsuit in Car Crash
Ahmed Aboudihaj and Zohra Labridi, the parents of Awatef Aboudihaj, the woman killed in a car accident involving R&B singer Brandy, filed a $50 million wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday January 30th against the star, claiming "Brandy was driving recklessly" when she struck their daughter.
The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, comes a day after the California Highway Patrol recommended Brandy be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in the Dec. 30 accident. The city attorney's office is reviewing the case. If charged and convicted, Brandy faces up to one year in county jail.
Brandy issued a statement through her publicist last week expressing condolences to the victim's family. There was no immediate word on the lawsuit.
Brandy was driving on Dec. 30 when traffic slowed and her vehicle hit Aboudihaj's. Aboudihaj's car hit another vehicle, slid sideways into the center divider and was then hit by another car. Aboudihaj died at a hospital from blunt-force injuries.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?