Singer-Actress Brandy Facing $50 Million Lawsuit in Car Crash
Ahmed Aboudihaj and Zohra Labridi, the parents of Awatef Aboudihaj, the woman killed in a car accident involving R&B singer Brandy, filed a $50 million wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday January 30th against the star, claiming "Brandy was driving recklessly" when she struck their daughter.
The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, comes a day after the California Highway Patrol recommended Brandy be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter in the Dec. 30 accident. The city attorney's office is reviewing the case. If charged and convicted, Brandy faces up to one year in county jail.
Brandy issued a statement through her publicist last week expressing condolences to the victim's family. There was no immediate word on the lawsuit.
Brandy was driving on Dec. 30 when traffic slowed and her vehicle hit Aboudihaj's. Aboudihaj's car hit another vehicle, slid sideways into the center divider and was then hit by another car. Aboudihaj died at a hospital from blunt-force injuries.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent