Winners Named at the 13th Annual SAG Awards
More prizes have been given to lauded titles and names in film and TV industry as the Screen Actors Guild held out the ceremony for its 13th annual SAG Awards yesterday, January 28, 2007 at the Los Angeles Shrine Exposition Center.
Just like the Producers Guild of America, the labor union finally bestowed its equivalent of a best-picture award, the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture honor, to indie road movie "Little Miss Sunshine" while taking the same favor as most critics did in deeming Helen Mirren of "The Queen" and Forest Whitaker of "The Last King of Scotland" the winners in lead acting categories.
For best supporting players, the Guild appeared to have same opinion with HFPA as it delightfully picked up "Dreamgirls" stars Eddie Murphy and Jennifer Hudson to be the recipients for the title, strengthening their status as Oscar front-runners as well.
In TV slot, cast of NBC's "The Office" and ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" wonderfully scored in Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series and Drama Series categories with Chandra Wilson of the latter show being selected the best actress in a drama series. For complete list of winners, do take a look on the award's official site at http://www.sagawards.org/recipients.htm.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman