Mariska Hargitay & Christopher Meloni Stay on "SVU"
Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni won't leave the series. They, instead, will stay on NBC's hit crime drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" for two more seasons.
After lengthy negotiations both stars have inked rich new deals to continue joining the series' next season. The two-year deals reportedly valued at more than $330,000 per episode for both Hargitay and Meloni.
Such amount will surely make Hargitay the highest-paid actress on television, surpassing "The Closer" star Kyra Sedgwick. Meanwhile, Meloni would join the top tier of TV actors, closing in on the highest-paid actor on broadcast TV, Charlie Sheen of CBS' "Two and a Half Men."
Declined to comment on the deals, "Law & Order" chief Dick Wolf simply commented, "Obviously, I'm thrilled that Chris and Mariska have decided to stay with a show that they've made an indelible stamp upon as we move into our ninth season".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'