Mariska Hargitay & Christopher Meloni Stay on "SVU"
Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni won't leave the series. They, instead, will stay on NBC's hit crime drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" for two more seasons.
After lengthy negotiations both stars have inked rich new deals to continue joining the series' next season. The two-year deals reportedly valued at more than $330,000 per episode for both Hargitay and Meloni.
Such amount will surely make Hargitay the highest-paid actress on television, surpassing "The Closer" star Kyra Sedgwick. Meanwhile, Meloni would join the top tier of TV actors, closing in on the highest-paid actor on broadcast TV, Charlie Sheen of CBS' "Two and a Half Men."
Declined to comment on the deals, "Law & Order" chief Dick Wolf simply commented, "Obviously, I'm thrilled that Chris and Mariska have decided to stay with a show that they've made an indelible stamp upon as we move into our ninth season".
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer