Mariska Hargitay & Christopher Meloni Stay on "SVU"
Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni won't leave the series. They, instead, will stay on NBC's hit crime drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" for two more seasons.
After lengthy negotiations both stars have inked rich new deals to continue joining the series' next season. The two-year deals reportedly valued at more than $330,000 per episode for both Hargitay and Meloni.
Such amount will surely make Hargitay the highest-paid actress on television, surpassing "The Closer" star Kyra Sedgwick. Meanwhile, Meloni would join the top tier of TV actors, closing in on the highest-paid actor on broadcast TV, Charlie Sheen of CBS' "Two and a Half Men."
Declined to comment on the deals, "Law & Order" chief Dick Wolf simply commented, "Obviously, I'm thrilled that Chris and Mariska have decided to stay with a show that they've made an indelible stamp upon as we move into our ninth season".
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Halsey Slams Quavo, Calls Iggy Azalea a 'F**king Moron'
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?