Derek Luke Trades "Lions for Lambs"
Enlarging his film resume, "Friday Night Lights" star Derek Luke has reached a deal to take starring part in MGM's "Lions for Lambs", Variety has reported.
Joining the likes of Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep, Robert Redford, and Michael Pena in the cast, Luke will portray one of two soldiers who are cut off from their platoon in unfriendly territory in Afghanistan. It is said that his character will be the catalyst of three interconnected storylines that build the picture.
Production on the film is about to be commenced later this month with Redford to helm from script penned by Matthew Carnahan. Meanwhile, Cruise is also serving as producer alongside Carnahan, Tracy Falco, and Andrew Hauptman.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns