Derek Luke Trades "Lions for Lambs"
Enlarging his film resume, "Friday Night Lights" star Derek Luke has reached a deal to take starring part in MGM's "Lions for Lambs", Variety has reported.
Joining the likes of Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep, Robert Redford, and Michael Pena in the cast, Luke will portray one of two soldiers who are cut off from their platoon in unfriendly territory in Afghanistan. It is said that his character will be the catalyst of three interconnected storylines that build the picture.
Production on the film is about to be commenced later this month with Redford to helm from script penned by Matthew Carnahan. Meanwhile, Cruise is also serving as producer alongside Carnahan, Tracy Falco, and Andrew Hauptman.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture