Tim Hill to Cover the "Chipmunks" Burrows
Seems Tim Hill does not have to wait long enough to land his next directing stint after last year's "Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties." Variety has learned that the guy is currently engaged in negotiations to helm CG-live action hybrid flick "Alvin and the Chipmunks" for Fox 2000 and Fox Animation.
Developed under Fox since 2004, the project is based on the 1960s cartoon series "The Alvin Show" which tells about a music group of chipmunks comprised of Alvin, the mischievous troublemaker; Simon, the tall bespectacled intellectual; and Theodore, the chubby, impressionable sweetheart.
"The Naked Truth" scribe Jon Vitti is on duty to pen the script with Ross Bagdasarian Jr. and Janice Karman both producing via their Bagdasarian Productions which holds the rights to the characters and related intellectual property assets. The company is the successor to Bagdasarian Film Corporation owned by the late "Chipmunks" franchise creator Ross Bagdasarian.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction