Tim Hill to Cover the "Chipmunks" Burrows
Seems Tim Hill does not have to wait long enough to land his next directing stint after last year's "Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties." Variety has learned that the guy is currently engaged in negotiations to helm CG-live action hybrid flick "Alvin and the Chipmunks" for Fox 2000 and Fox Animation.
Developed under Fox since 2004, the project is based on the 1960s cartoon series "The Alvin Show" which tells about a music group of chipmunks comprised of Alvin, the mischievous troublemaker; Simon, the tall bespectacled intellectual; and Theodore, the chubby, impressionable sweetheart.
"The Naked Truth" scribe Jon Vitti is on duty to pen the script with Ross Bagdasarian Jr. and Janice Karman both producing via their Bagdasarian Productions which holds the rights to the characters and related intellectual property assets. The company is the successor to Bagdasarian Film Corporation owned by the late "Chipmunks" franchise creator Ross Bagdasarian.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival