Naomi Campbell Hailed as the Goodwill Ambassador for Rio de Janeiro
Aside from the many negative publication concerning her private life, Naomi Campbell has on Friday January 19th been appointed ambassador for Rio de Janeiro.
On the supermodel choosing, Mayor Cesar Maia said that it is all because Campbell "has an image which is the face of Rio de Janeiro, and can represent the city abroad like no-one else".
Speaking of her shock at being appointed an ambassador for Rio de Janeiro, Campbell claimed to have no idea she was about to receive the honor when she arrived in Brazil for a committee meeting for gala entertainment extravaganza Fashion Rocks, to be held in the country's capital in April.
Despite all, the beauty is adamant she'll do justice to the job and vows she'll devote herself to charity work in the city.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'