Naomi Campbell Hailed as the Goodwill Ambassador for Rio de Janeiro
Aside from the many negative publication concerning her private life, Naomi Campbell has on Friday January 19th been appointed ambassador for Rio de Janeiro.
On the supermodel choosing, Mayor Cesar Maia said that it is all because Campbell "has an image which is the face of Rio de Janeiro, and can represent the city abroad like no-one else".
Speaking of her shock at being appointed an ambassador for Rio de Janeiro, Campbell claimed to have no idea she was about to receive the honor when she arrived in Brazil for a committee meeting for gala entertainment extravaganza Fashion Rocks, to be held in the country's capital in April.
Despite all, the beauty is adamant she'll do justice to the job and vows she'll devote herself to charity work in the city.
More Naomi Campbell News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special