Naomi Campbell Hailed as the Goodwill Ambassador for Rio de Janeiro
Aside from the many negative publication concerning her private life, Naomi Campbell has on Friday January 19th been appointed ambassador for Rio de Janeiro.
On the supermodel choosing, Mayor Cesar Maia said that it is all because Campbell "has an image which is the face of Rio de Janeiro, and can represent the city abroad like no-one else".
Speaking of her shock at being appointed an ambassador for Rio de Janeiro, Campbell claimed to have no idea she was about to receive the honor when she arrived in Brazil for a committee meeting for gala entertainment extravaganza Fashion Rocks, to be held in the country's capital in April.
Despite all, the beauty is adamant she'll do justice to the job and vows she'll devote herself to charity work in the city.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group