Naomi Campbell Hailed as the Goodwill Ambassador for Rio de Janeiro
Aside from the many negative publication concerning her private life, Naomi Campbell has on Friday January 19th been appointed ambassador for Rio de Janeiro.
On the supermodel choosing, Mayor Cesar Maia said that it is all because Campbell "has an image which is the face of Rio de Janeiro, and can represent the city abroad like no-one else".
Speaking of her shock at being appointed an ambassador for Rio de Janeiro, Campbell claimed to have no idea she was about to receive the honor when she arrived in Brazil for a committee meeting for gala entertainment extravaganza Fashion Rocks, to be held in the country's capital in April.
Despite all, the beauty is adamant she'll do justice to the job and vows she'll devote herself to charity work in the city.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival