Naomi Campbell Hailed as the Goodwill Ambassador for Rio de Janeiro
Aside from the many negative publication concerning her private life, Naomi Campbell has on Friday January 19th been appointed ambassador for Rio de Janeiro.
On the supermodel choosing, Mayor Cesar Maia said that it is all because Campbell "has an image which is the face of Rio de Janeiro, and can represent the city abroad like no-one else".
Speaking of her shock at being appointed an ambassador for Rio de Janeiro, Campbell claimed to have no idea she was about to receive the honor when she arrived in Brazil for a committee meeting for gala entertainment extravaganza Fashion Rocks, to be held in the country's capital in April.
Despite all, the beauty is adamant she'll do justice to the job and vows she'll devote herself to charity work in the city.
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto