Nominees Listed for the 27th Annual Razzie Awards
Staying faithful to its tradition in listing the nominees of its Razzie Awards one day before the AMPAS' announcement of its Oscar nominations, the Golden Raspberry Award Foundation (GRAF) has smoothly revealed yesterday, January 22, titles and names for this year's contenders of the worst achievements in filmmaking.
Scoring the most are both "Basic Instinct 2" and "Little Man" as each landed seven nods, followed by "BloodRayne" and "The Wicker Man" with six and five nominations, respectively. All of them 'successfully' gained a slot in the category of Worst Picture as well as in that of Worst Screenplay together with "Lady in the Water", which collected four nods altogether.
Apart from the two, "Basic Instinct 2", dubbed "Basically It Stinks, Too" by the foundation, also put Sharon Stone in the Worst Actress slot while "Little Man" submitted both of its leading stars, Marlon Wayans and Shawn Wayans, in the opposite category.
Accompanied Stone and the Wayans brothers in the worst leading acting are among others Jessica Simpson of "Employee of the Month", Lindsay Lohan of "Just My Luck", Nicolas Cage of "The Wicker Man", and Rob Schneider, who got nominated for both of his roles in "The Benchwarmers" and "Little Man."
For supporting acting, names receiving the nod included Kate Bosworth of "Superman Returns", Jenny McCarthy of "John Tucker Must Die", Ben Kingsley of "BloodRayne", Martin Short of "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause", and M. Night Shyamalan of "Lady in the Water", the latter also becoming the Worst Director contender for the same flick.
Like before, this year's event also presented a new category called Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment which lined up titles like "Deck The Halls", "Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties", "R.V.", "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause", and "The Shaggy Dog." The recipients will be unveiled in ceremonies to be held on Oscar eve, February 24, at Hollywood's Ivar Theatre. For complete list of nominees, do check it out the award's official site at http://www.razzies.com.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'