Nominees Listed for the 27th Annual Razzie Awards
Staying faithful to its tradition in listing the nominees of its Razzie Awards one day before the AMPAS' announcement of its Oscar nominations, the Golden Raspberry Award Foundation (GRAF) has smoothly revealed yesterday, January 22, titles and names for this year's contenders of the worst achievements in filmmaking.
Scoring the most are both "Basic Instinct 2" and "Little Man" as each landed seven nods, followed by "BloodRayne" and "The Wicker Man" with six and five nominations, respectively. All of them 'successfully' gained a slot in the category of Worst Picture as well as in that of Worst Screenplay together with "Lady in the Water", which collected four nods altogether.
Apart from the two, "Basic Instinct 2", dubbed "Basically It Stinks, Too" by the foundation, also put Sharon Stone in the Worst Actress slot while "Little Man" submitted both of its leading stars, Marlon Wayans and Shawn Wayans, in the opposite category.
Accompanied Stone and the Wayans brothers in the worst leading acting are among others Jessica Simpson of "Employee of the Month", Lindsay Lohan of "Just My Luck", Nicolas Cage of "The Wicker Man", and Rob Schneider, who got nominated for both of his roles in "The Benchwarmers" and "Little Man."
For supporting acting, names receiving the nod included Kate Bosworth of "Superman Returns", Jenny McCarthy of "John Tucker Must Die", Ben Kingsley of "BloodRayne", Martin Short of "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause", and M. Night Shyamalan of "Lady in the Water", the latter also becoming the Worst Director contender for the same flick.
Like before, this year's event also presented a new category called Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment which lined up titles like "Deck The Halls", "Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties", "R.V.", "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause", and "The Shaggy Dog." The recipients will be unveiled in ceremonies to be held on Oscar eve, February 24, at Hollywood's Ivar Theatre. For complete list of nominees, do check it out the award's official site at http://www.razzies.com.
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video