The 18th Annual GLAAD Media Awards Nominees
Honoring various fields of media work for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and the issues that affect their lives, The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation unveiled on Sunday, January 21 in Park City, Utah the contenders of its GLAAD Media Awards.
For film categories, the organization selected five titles each for that of Outstanding Film- Wide Release and Limited Release. Competing in the former one are "Little Miss Sunshine", "The Night Listener", "Running with Scissors", and "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" while "The History Boys", "Quinceanera", "Shortbus", "Imagine Me & You", and "Summer Storm" will all vie for the latter.
On the TV side, "The Sopranos" faces against "Brothers & Sisters", "The L Word", "Hex", and "South of Nowhere" for Outstanding Drama Series title with "Desperate Housewives", "The Office", "So Notorious", and "Ugly Betty" lining up for that of Comedy Series honor.
Other noted nominees include "This Film Is Not Yet Rated" for Outstanding Documentary, Los Angeles Times for Outstanding Newspaper Overall Coverage, and "Manhunter" for Outstanding Comic Book. For the complete list please go to GLAAD's official site at http://www.glaad.org/publications/resource_doc_detail.php? id=3953.
Nominations for this year in all consist of 122 contenders in 26 English-language categories and 61 Spanish-language nominees in 16 additional categories with special honors to be given to Patti LaBelle, Tom Ford, Martina Navratilova, and Jaime Bayly. The awards will be given at four separate ceremonies held in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Miami on March 26, April 14, April 28, and May 10, respectively.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?