Bruce McLaren's Story Racing to the Big Screen
Here's supposedly one perfect movie for F1 die-hard fans. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Oscar-winning producer of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy Barrie Osborne is developing a biopic of Bruce McLaren, one of the F1 racing car legends.
No words yet on either the helmer or the cast, but Osborne has already picked up Oscar-winner Dan Hennah as the film's production designer with motor sport enthusiast and veteran international broadcaster Michael Garlick co-producing.
Filming on the untitled project is expected to begin early next year in New Zealand, the U.K., Monaco, Germany, France and USA using some of McLaren's original cars under a $100 million budget.
McLaren, a native of Auckland, New Zealand, suffered a crippling joint problem in his childhood yet amazingly managed to win the 1959 United States Grand Prix at age 22, becoming the youngest ever GP winner up to that time. He died in a car accident at the Goodwood Circuit in 1970 after his car got destabilized due to the loss of aerodynamic downforce.
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!