Bruce McLaren's Story Racing to the Big Screen
Here's supposedly one perfect movie for F1 die-hard fans. The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Oscar-winning producer of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy Barrie Osborne is developing a biopic of Bruce McLaren, one of the F1 racing car legends.
No words yet on either the helmer or the cast, but Osborne has already picked up Oscar-winner Dan Hennah as the film's production designer with motor sport enthusiast and veteran international broadcaster Michael Garlick co-producing.
Filming on the untitled project is expected to begin early next year in New Zealand, the U.K., Monaco, Germany, France and USA using some of McLaren's original cars under a $100 million budget.
McLaren, a native of Auckland, New Zealand, suffered a crippling joint problem in his childhood yet amazingly managed to win the 1959 United States Grand Prix at age 22, becoming the youngest ever GP winner up to that time. He died in a car accident at the Goodwood Circuit in 1970 after his car got destabilized due to the loss of aerodynamic downforce.
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface