Alicia Keys Opens Door to Scholar Program
Her deep concern to education has led Alicia Keys to offer scholarship. The Grammy-Award winning singer is offering $5,000 college scholarships to four students in four cities.
"We're just looking for standout students who are definitely college-bound and need a little bit of help financially to really achieve their dreams," Keys explained.
The scholarship, called the Open Doors Scholars Program, is a part of Frum Tha Ground Up, a Jacksonville-based nonprofit organization started by Keys' road manager, D.J. Walton.
The winner, in return for their scholarships, will have to represent the organization at school appearances and must perform community service each semester.
UPDATE (Jan 28): Visit www.OpenDoorScholarship.com to apply. Applications must be postmarked March 1 or earlier. Frum Tha Ground Up's selection committee will decide the four winners and notify them by mid-May. Only the first 200 applicants will be considered.
More Alicia Keys News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed