Alicia Keys Opens Door to Scholar Program
Her deep concern to education has led Alicia Keys to offer scholarship. The Grammy-Award winning singer is offering $5,000 college scholarships to four students in four cities.
"We're just looking for standout students who are definitely college-bound and need a little bit of help financially to really achieve their dreams," Keys explained.
The scholarship, called the Open Doors Scholars Program, is a part of Frum Tha Ground Up, a Jacksonville-based nonprofit organization started by Keys' road manager, D.J. Walton.
The winner, in return for their scholarships, will have to represent the organization at school appearances and must perform community service each semester.
UPDATE (Jan 28): Visit www.OpenDoorScholarship.com to apply. Applications must be postmarked March 1 or earlier. Frum Tha Ground Up's selection committee will decide the four winners and notify them by mid-May. Only the first 200 applicants will be considered.
More Alicia Keys News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special