Alicia Keys Opens Door to Scholar Program
Her deep concern to education has led Alicia Keys to offer scholarship. The Grammy-Award winning singer is offering $5,000 college scholarships to four students in four cities.
"We're just looking for standout students who are definitely college-bound and need a little bit of help financially to really achieve their dreams," Keys explained.
The scholarship, called the Open Doors Scholars Program, is a part of Frum Tha Ground Up, a Jacksonville-based nonprofit organization started by Keys' road manager, D.J. Walton.
The winner, in return for their scholarships, will have to represent the organization at school appearances and must perform community service each semester.
UPDATE (Jan 28): Visit www.OpenDoorScholarship.com to apply. Applications must be postmarked March 1 or earlier. Frum Tha Ground Up's selection committee will decide the four winners and notify them by mid-May. Only the first 200 applicants will be considered.
More Alicia Keys News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung