Nine Running for Oscar's Foreign Film Shortlist
The temperature in the race for slots in Oscar's Best Foreign Language Film of the Year category this year is rising as there remain only nine titles advancing to the final voting phase.
Those making their way up to this point, called Phase I, are Algeria's "Days of Glory", Canada's "Water", Denmark's "After the Wedding", France's "Avenue Montaigne", Germany's "The Lives of Others", Mexico's "Pan's Labyrinth", the Netherlands' "Black Book", Spain's "Volver", and Switzerland's "Vitus."
Out of the nine flicks, five will be selected by a Phase II committee comprising of thirty persons as the finalist for the nomination on January 23 along with contenders in other categories. The winning title will be revealed at the 79th annual Academy Awards set to be take place at Kodak Theatre, Hollywood & Highland, Los Angeles, California on February 25, 2007.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son