Nine Running for Oscar's Foreign Film Shortlist
The temperature in the race for slots in Oscar's Best Foreign Language Film of the Year category this year is rising as there remain only nine titles advancing to the final voting phase.
Those making their way up to this point, called Phase I, are Algeria's "Days of Glory", Canada's "Water", Denmark's "After the Wedding", France's "Avenue Montaigne", Germany's "The Lives of Others", Mexico's "Pan's Labyrinth", the Netherlands' "Black Book", Spain's "Volver", and Switzerland's "Vitus."
Out of the nine flicks, five will be selected by a Phase II committee comprising of thirty persons as the finalist for the nomination on January 23 along with contenders in other categories. The winning title will be revealed at the 79th annual Academy Awards set to be take place at Kodak Theatre, Hollywood & Highland, Los Angeles, California on February 25, 2007.
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women