"Tropic Thunder" Ready to Blast
Well, Ben Stiller sure is grinning wide by now. Production Weekly has just learned that DreamWorks Pictures finally brings the project into progress as a production schedule has been set up for it to get filmed.
It is reported that principal photography on the flick is slated to begin in July this year with Stiller at helm and as the leadstar. Along with Etan Cohen and Justin Theroux, the "Starsky & Hutch" star also co-wrote the script which he has described to concern "five actors who go on location and find themselves relying on their boot camp experiences when they get stuck in a real war-like situation."
Stiller, one of the so-called Frat Pack members, first appeared on the silver screen in Steven Spielberg's 1987 effort "Empire of the Sun" before hit it big with "There's Something About Mary" in 1998. He currently can be seen in theaters playing alongside Robin Williams and Owen Wilson in "Night at the Museum" which has topped domestic box-office chart for three consecutive weeks since Christmas holiday.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'