No Mel Gibson in "Apocalypto" Mexican premiere
Seems the Mexican audience have to bury their hope of seeing Mel Gibson as they come to the premiere of his latest directorial work "Apocalypto" in the country.
The 20th Century Fox publicist Christina Inman said yesterday, January 11 that the "Braveheart" star will not spare his time to attend the event nor a news conference of the picture though he indeed is going to visit Mexico next week for a private viewing of the movie.
A Mayan-language epic tale set in the Yucatan Peninsula before Spanish colonization, "Apocalypto", which is also written by Gibson alongside Farhad Safinia, follows one man's experience during the decline of the ancient Maya civilization. It recently landed a Golden Globe nomination for Best Foreign-Language Film category.
UPDATE 01/13/2007: Gibson's publicist Alan Nierob, on the other hand, has stated otherwise, saying that the Australian actor will attend the premiere that is set to be held on Monday, January 15 instead.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'