No Mel Gibson in "Apocalypto" Mexican premiere
Seems the Mexican audience have to bury their hope of seeing Mel Gibson as they come to the premiere of his latest directorial work "Apocalypto" in the country.
The 20th Century Fox publicist Christina Inman said yesterday, January 11 that the "Braveheart" star will not spare his time to attend the event nor a news conference of the picture though he indeed is going to visit Mexico next week for a private viewing of the movie.
A Mayan-language epic tale set in the Yucatan Peninsula before Spanish colonization, "Apocalypto", which is also written by Gibson alongside Farhad Safinia, follows one man's experience during the decline of the ancient Maya civilization. It recently landed a Golden Globe nomination for Best Foreign-Language Film category.
UPDATE 01/13/2007: Gibson's publicist Alan Nierob, on the other hand, has stated otherwise, saying that the Australian actor will attend the premiere that is set to be held on Monday, January 15 instead.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!