No Mel Gibson in "Apocalypto" Mexican premiere
Seems the Mexican audience have to bury their hope of seeing Mel Gibson as they come to the premiere of his latest directorial work "Apocalypto" in the country.
The 20th Century Fox publicist Christina Inman said yesterday, January 11 that the "Braveheart" star will not spare his time to attend the event nor a news conference of the picture though he indeed is going to visit Mexico next week for a private viewing of the movie.
A Mayan-language epic tale set in the Yucatan Peninsula before Spanish colonization, "Apocalypto", which is also written by Gibson alongside Farhad Safinia, follows one man's experience during the decline of the ancient Maya civilization. It recently landed a Golden Globe nomination for Best Foreign-Language Film category.
UPDATE 01/13/2007: Gibson's publicist Alan Nierob, on the other hand, has stated otherwise, saying that the Australian actor will attend the premiere that is set to be held on Monday, January 15 instead.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21