Miramax and Scott Rudin Discuss "Special Topics"
Extending their collaboration after that in Roger Michell's "Venus", Miramax Films and Scott Rudin are set to develop a mystery drama feature entitled "Special Topics in Calamity Physics", Variety has revealed.
Based on Marisha Pessl's novel of the same title, the picture revolves around a teenager who finally settles in a North Carolina town after spending the first three years of high school moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things turn darker when she becomes part of an upper-crust social set called the Bluebloods and gets caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Production schedule has not been set yet for the movie, but it is confirmed that Rudin will seat as the producer. The man recently produced "Notes on a Scandal" alongside Robert Fox, Andrew Macdonald, also Allon Reich and next will see his produced film "Margot at the Wedding" open in theaters on October 12 this year.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video