Miramax and Scott Rudin Discuss "Special Topics"
Extending their collaboration after that in Roger Michell's "Venus", Miramax Films and Scott Rudin are set to develop a mystery drama feature entitled "Special Topics in Calamity Physics", Variety has revealed.
Based on Marisha Pessl's novel of the same title, the picture revolves around a teenager who finally settles in a North Carolina town after spending the first three years of high school moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things turn darker when she becomes part of an upper-crust social set called the Bluebloods and gets caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Production schedule has not been set yet for the movie, but it is confirmed that Rudin will seat as the producer. The man recently produced "Notes on a Scandal" alongside Robert Fox, Andrew Macdonald, also Allon Reich and next will see his produced film "Margot at the Wedding" open in theaters on October 12 this year.
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos