Miramax and Scott Rudin Discuss "Special Topics"
Extending their collaboration after that in Roger Michell's "Venus", Miramax Films and Scott Rudin are set to develop a mystery drama feature entitled "Special Topics in Calamity Physics", Variety has revealed.
Based on Marisha Pessl's novel of the same title, the picture revolves around a teenager who finally settles in a North Carolina town after spending the first three years of high school moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things turn darker when she becomes part of an upper-crust social set called the Bluebloods and gets caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Production schedule has not been set yet for the movie, but it is confirmed that Rudin will seat as the producer. The man recently produced "Notes on a Scandal" alongside Robert Fox, Andrew Macdonald, also Allon Reich and next will see his produced film "Margot at the Wedding" open in theaters on October 12 this year.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower