Miramax and Scott Rudin Discuss "Special Topics"
Extending their collaboration after that in Roger Michell's "Venus", Miramax Films and Scott Rudin are set to develop a mystery drama feature entitled "Special Topics in Calamity Physics", Variety has revealed.
Based on Marisha Pessl's novel of the same title, the picture revolves around a teenager who finally settles in a North Carolina town after spending the first three years of high school moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things turn darker when she becomes part of an upper-crust social set called the Bluebloods and gets caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Production schedule has not been set yet for the movie, but it is confirmed that Rudin will seat as the producer. The man recently produced "Notes on a Scandal" alongside Robert Fox, Andrew Macdonald, also Allon Reich and next will see his produced film "Margot at the Wedding" open in theaters on October 12 this year.
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's House Burns Down in California Massive Fire
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- 'The Lowe Files' Teaser Sees Rob Lowe and Sons Delving Into Unsolved Mysteries
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women