Miramax and Scott Rudin Discuss "Special Topics"
Extending their collaboration after that in Roger Michell's "Venus", Miramax Films and Scott Rudin are set to develop a mystery drama feature entitled "Special Topics in Calamity Physics", Variety has revealed.
Based on Marisha Pessl's novel of the same title, the picture revolves around a teenager who finally settles in a North Carolina town after spending the first three years of high school moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father. Things turn darker when she becomes part of an upper-crust social set called the Bluebloods and gets caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Production schedule has not been set yet for the movie, but it is confirmed that Rudin will seat as the producer. The man recently produced "Notes on a Scandal" alongside Robert Fox, Andrew Macdonald, also Allon Reich and next will see his produced film "Margot at the Wedding" open in theaters on October 12 this year.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass