Michael Connelly and Terrill Lee Lankford Contacting "The Equalizer"
It turns out to take two for working on the script of "The Equalizer." Variety reports that the Weinstein Company, the studio producing the flick, has hired Michael Connelly and Terrill Lee Lankford to both take the duty with Paul McGuigan at helm.
Based on the popular 1980s TV series of the same title, the project is likely to follow the basic premise of the original material which sees a veteran covert operative who quits a CIA-like agency to seek redemption for his dark deeds. Seating as producers are Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge, and Michael Sloan.
While acknowledging in a statement that "times have certainly changed since the days of the television show", Connelly has expressed his intention to "build a character that is of these times but to also keep the heart and soul of the show intact." So far, no names have been cast yet, so do keep sticking to this site for more tidbits on the picture.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says