Michael Connelly and Terrill Lee Lankford Contacting "The Equalizer"
It turns out to take two for working on the script of "The Equalizer." Variety reports that the Weinstein Company, the studio producing the flick, has hired Michael Connelly and Terrill Lee Lankford to both take the duty with Paul McGuigan at helm.
Based on the popular 1980s TV series of the same title, the project is likely to follow the basic premise of the original material which sees a veteran covert operative who quits a CIA-like agency to seek redemption for his dark deeds. Seating as producers are Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge, and Michael Sloan.
While acknowledging in a statement that "times have certainly changed since the days of the television show", Connelly has expressed his intention to "build a character that is of these times but to also keep the heart and soul of the show intact." So far, no names have been cast yet, so do keep sticking to this site for more tidbits on the picture.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie