MTV Presents Monday Night Block
Creating a breaking move in expanding its status as a leading network for young generation, MTV: Music Television has revealed an all-new Monday night programming line-up which will start exactly on January 15, 2007 from 9 pm ET/PT.
"MTV has always been a destination for young adults to find programming that not only entertains but also connects with our audience on a deep, emotional level," Executive Vice President of MTV Series Entertainment Lois Curren stated. "With this block of programming, we've created a night of shows that capture the rollercoaster ride of young adult life by highlighting moments, individuals, stories, and relationships that not only feel familiar to our audience but also reflect their voices, hopes and dreams, as well as the issues they face on a daily basis."
Included in the list are titles like "Engaged & Underage" from MTV News & Docs also music-reality series "DanceLife" as well as the new seasons of "My Super Sweet 16" and "The Hills."
Opening this prime-time programming will be "My Super Sweet 16" which documents young people, plus their friends and families, for the planning of their coming-of-age celebrations, with a special airing of two new episodes back-to-back on January 15. It afterwards will be followed by "Engaged & Underage" at 9.30 pm as it premieres on January 22. Taking a look to young couples between ages of 18-21 during the final weeks of their engagement, the show will reveal all the tension, drama, also humor inherent in the days before the big event.
Next at 10 pm comes "The Hills" that revolves around star Lauren Conrad and her friends Heidi, Audrina, and Whitney who face new challenges at either work or school while meeting new boys who unexpectedly force them to make tough choices that can affect their friendship. Airs thirty minutes later will be "DanceLife", a new music reality series about lives of dancers working to make it in the business. Executive produced by Jennifer Lopez, the show will also see the beauty make cameo appearances throughout the season apart from her integral role in selecting and auditioning the dancers.
In supporting the programming, MTV.com, VOD, and MTV Mobile will all provide the viewers with unprecedented access and behind the scenes content of all shows, including the never-before-seen footage, full episodes, trailers, recaps/follow-ups, cast profiles, and photo albums.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen