MTV Presents Monday Night Block
Creating a breaking move in expanding its status as a leading network for young generation, MTV: Music Television has revealed an all-new Monday night programming line-up which will start exactly on January 15, 2007 from 9 pm ET/PT.
"MTV has always been a destination for young adults to find programming that not only entertains but also connects with our audience on a deep, emotional level," Executive Vice President of MTV Series Entertainment Lois Curren stated. "With this block of programming, we've created a night of shows that capture the rollercoaster ride of young adult life by highlighting moments, individuals, stories, and relationships that not only feel familiar to our audience but also reflect their voices, hopes and dreams, as well as the issues they face on a daily basis."
Included in the list are titles like "Engaged & Underage" from MTV News & Docs also music-reality series "DanceLife" as well as the new seasons of "My Super Sweet 16" and "The Hills."
Opening this prime-time programming will be "My Super Sweet 16" which documents young people, plus their friends and families, for the planning of their coming-of-age celebrations, with a special airing of two new episodes back-to-back on January 15. It afterwards will be followed by "Engaged & Underage" at 9.30 pm as it premieres on January 22. Taking a look to young couples between ages of 18-21 during the final weeks of their engagement, the show will reveal all the tension, drama, also humor inherent in the days before the big event.
Next at 10 pm comes "The Hills" that revolves around star Lauren Conrad and her friends Heidi, Audrina, and Whitney who face new challenges at either work or school while meeting new boys who unexpectedly force them to make tough choices that can affect their friendship. Airs thirty minutes later will be "DanceLife", a new music reality series about lives of dancers working to make it in the business. Executive produced by Jennifer Lopez, the show will also see the beauty make cameo appearances throughout the season apart from her integral role in selecting and auditioning the dancers.
In supporting the programming, MTV.com, VOD, and MTV Mobile will all provide the viewers with unprecedented access and behind the scenes content of all shows, including the never-before-seen footage, full episodes, trailers, recaps/follow-ups, cast profiles, and photo albums.
- Song Joong Ki's 'Battleship Island' Co-Star Spills Detail of His Wedding Plan to Song Hye Kyo
- Fans Speculate Infinite's Woohyun Is Involved in Sexual Assault Case
- Venus Williams Claims Fatal Car Crash Victim Didn't Wear Seat Belt
- Chadwick Boseman Hunts Down His Sister's Killer in Intense Trailer for 'Message from the King'
- Usher Cleans His Star and Pushes a Car With James Corden in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Kate Hudson Shaves Her Head for New Musical Project With Sia
- O.J. Simpson and Kato Kaelin May Live Together for New Reality Show
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!